White Sox close to acquiring Soriano

Brian

QUOTE(Hanger @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:10 PM)
Think it would be better keeping Pods, Soriano second. That would make your 7-8-9 hitters be, Tadihito or A.J, Crede and Uribe...not terrible for getting Soriano some RBI chances.

If you take Anderson off this team, they are hopeless.

That man is busting his balls, offensively and defensively, to try and help this team win games.

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed with you there on a bad defensive outfield....the more and more this is going on, the more unlikely it seems the Sox will acquire Soriano, when you break the lineup down like has been done on this thread, it doesnt really make for a good fit. Especially if trying to hang onto BMac, and Anderson.

Edited by Hanger

QUOTE(Hanger @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)
Agreed with you there on a bad defensive outfield....the more and more this is going on, the more unlikely it seems the Sox will acquire Soriano, when you break the lineup down like has been done on this thread, it doesnt really make for a good fit. Especially if trying to hang onto BMac, and Anderson.

I think it would have been done by now UNLESS there is a new agreement being worked on.

I would be greatly suprised if either the Tigers or White Sox get Soriano, we aren't willing to trade Maybin and you guys aren't willing to trade McCarthy (rightfully so).

It doesn't look like Washington will accept less than that.

QUOTE(Hanger @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:15 PM)

He does fit. Remove Podsednik and stick Soriano out there. He fits nicely, thing is, when deals are talked about for a long time, they usually don't happen. And from the sound of it, KW has entered the Jim Hendry mode and only will do this deal if he could rip of Washingotn.

Your right just found this on the net

Bill Ladson, of Nationals.MLB.com, reports Washington Nationals general manager Jim Bowden refutes a published report saying the club is close to sending OF Alfonso Soriano to the Chicago White Sox. "All I can tell you is that we don't have a deal in place with any team at this hour on any player. That's the only comment I'm going to have," Bowden said.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:30 PM)
I see the Tigers giving up more than they wanted to for Soriano. I think its pretty obvious KW wasnt serious about aquiring him.

I don't. Kenny hasn't offered much of a package at all if Broadway, Fields, (probably) Sweeney, McCarthy and anyone else on the 25 man roster is not available.

Pods in center has not been a popular idea here but he has played center before. Anderson would make a hell of a defensive replacement the rest of this year. Mack, Gload, Ozuna???? Sox need a real 4th outfielder. Any Brewers fans out there that can comment on Pods in center?

If the Sox get Soriano, I feel they will keep him. I can't see how they could pull off a deal to improve the pitching. Getting a stud like Soriano or Abreu could spark the team or ruin chemistry. In Kenny I trust. He has earned it.

QUOTE(Hanger @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:36 PM)
Your right just found this on the net

Bill Ladson, of Nationals.MLB.com, reports Washington Nationals general manager Jim Bowden refutes a published report saying the club is close to sending OF Alfonso Soriano to the Chicago White Sox. "All I can tell you is that we don't have a deal in place with any team at this hour on any player. That's the only comment I'm going to have," Bowden said.

"....in place....".

All this means is no deal has been finalized, that's all. :huh

QUOTE(Jake @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:49 PM)
For the record -- Scott Podsednik under no circumstances will ever start in CF over Brian Anderson.

no doubt at all. Scottie will be gone before the 31st if Soriano becomes our RF.

It might mean musical chairs at lead-off for the rest of the season, but Pods might still have some value, even if you just get prospects that's better than letting rot on the bench and leave after the season is done.

QUOTE(103 mph screwball @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 12:53 PM)
Pods in center has not been a popular idea here but he has played center before. Anderson would make a hell of a defensive replacement the rest of this year. Mack, Gload, Ozuna???? Sox need a real 4th outfielder. Any Brewers fans out there that can comment on Pods in center?

If the Sox get Soriano, I feel they will keep him. I can't see how they could pull off a deal to improve the pitching. Getting a stud like Soriano or Abreu could spark the team or ruin chemistry. In Kenny I trust. He has earned it.

Brewer fans will tell you he's terrible out there as well.

BA is hitting .333 since the ASG with 2-doubles and now a HR last night. I know it is only 8 games but still... His hitting started to improve a great deal before the break when he ran pitch counts up even if he didn't get on base. His bat is currently not the liability it was in April, May and June. There is no reason to move him out of CF right now.

If they deal for Sariono, Pods is the odd man out. He will not move to center field. I think he gets moved to another team for bullpen help. Maybe to the Cubs for Eyre.

QUOTE(My Dixie Normus @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:12 PM)
BA is hitting .333 since the ASG with 2-doubles and now a HR last night. I know it is only 8 games but still... His hitting started to improve a great deal before the break when he ran pitch counts up even if he didn't get on base. His bat is currently not the liability it was in April, May and June. There is no reason to move him out of CF right now.

If they deal for Sariono, Pods is the odd man out. He will not move to center field. I think he gets moved to another team for bullpen help. Maybe to the Cubs for Eyre.

Brian Anderson since June 11:

26 G | 84 AB | 25 H | 9 2B | 2 HR | 11 RBI | .298 BA | .341 OBP | .476 SLG% | .817 OPS

Anyone who thinks Brian Anderson is hurting this team is VERY mistaken, he's a big reason why this team has won any games over the past month and a half.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 04:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im pretty sure all 4 of those names were crucial in winning us a world series and also pretty sure that 3 of them have been allstars.....id say thats a good job at developing some pitchers

I'm really not convinced that you can say we developed Cotts or Jenks. They came from other organizations that developed them. Even Garland to an extent.

QUOTE(southsideirish @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
I'm really not convinced that you can say we developed Cotts or Jenks. They came from other organizations that developed them. Even Garland to an extent.

Jenks was in so much trouble he got released. Sox developed him into what he is today, no doubt. He has always had the talent, but the Sox helped him put it together.