Mark Buerhle

Harry Chappas

If Buerhle was .500, we would be .500 take hitting, bullpen etc. out of the equation. Colon, Garland, Stewart, Loiza and Wright all have the same defense and offense behind them. They somehow have found ways to win. It is frustrating as hell that he can not. Put this on top of turning down big dollars, "joking" about playing for St. Louis and then telling me I don't know baseball because I boo him, while knowing if he was .500 we would be in contention. Our season is a failure and he and Konerko are front and center, sorry but I am going to jeer them every chance I get becasue at this point in time they are monumental failures.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Winning cures all. If the Sox were in first place, no one would give a crap about the comments last night.  I just think that the Sox fans have reached a boiling point, and Buehrle's comments popped the top off of the pressure cooker.

that is all probably very true

I listened to the SCORE on the way home and the dude was whipping people up in an attack MB mode and I suspect it is very easy to do that now for exactly the reasons that you state

it was hard to sity in the stands last night and see us get blown out in the first inning - especially with 2 out and a hit that to me could have been an error and whatever, if the paly si amde, out of the inning. However...

and the offesne being what it is, you know a 4 run deficit is almost impossible for this team to overcome.

The fact that we had 1 hit - 1 lousy hit - until what, the 8th inning and that hit by Rios of all people - people were disgruntled against everything and everyone and MB was the focal point when he was taken out -

people thought the prior 3 games meant we turned a corner and then suddenly down 4-0 - go hitless - 8-0 - stay hitless - it was not pleasant to watch.

The fact that we had 1 hit - 1 lousy hit - until what, the 8th inning and that hit by Rios of all people - people were disgruntled against everything and everyone and MB was the focal point when he was taken out -

people thought the prior 3 games meant we turned a corner and then suddenly down 4-0 - go hitless - 8-0 - stay hitless - it was not pleasant to watch.

Reference 1st paragraph..... I've become accustomed to that all season. Nothing is going to change. A dreadful roadtrip and..... nothing. WAIT..... Rowand was called back up :headbang green

Reference 2nd paragraph..... I knew we didn't and will never, at least in 2003 with the team, management, and ownership as it is currently, ever turn the corner.

I was at the game and I head his postgame interview.

I do not agree that he was b****ing.  He made a low key comment - if you hear the actual words and tone of voice.

MB did not have it last night but if he had run run support, he'd be no worse than 6-6 now.  His run support is like the third lowest in baseball.

No, I do not believe that he is regretting not signing the contract.  Say what you all will, he has had some very tough outings and given his record for us for all of the time that he has pitched for us, he does not deserve, in my opinion, the volumn of booing that he received last night nor the attacks he is getting here.

Well said. :)

Winning cures all. If the Sox were in first place, no one would give a crap about the comments last night.  I just think that the Sox fans have reached a boiling point, and Buehrle's comments popped the top off of the pressure cooker.

that is all probably very true

I listened to the SCORE on the way home and the dude was whipping people up in an attack MB mode and I suspect it is very easy to do that now for exactly the reasons that you state

it was hard to sity in the stands last night and see us get blown out in the first inning - especially with 2 out and a hit that to me could have been an error and whatever, if the paly si amde, out of the inning. However...

and the offesne being what it is, you know a 4 run deficit is almost impossible for this team to overcome.

I was always sceptical about whether Mark has what it takes to be #1. To me, he just doesn't have your typical ace looks-- he is more of an overweight 12yo crossdresser with clip-on 'burns.

In my world, a leader of the team wouldn't be as ugly as MB. I literally have to turn away when they do closeups. NFL helmet. Pronto.

The so-called St. Louis thing is a nothing comment made in jest as a nod to Mom and Dad and is nothing.

He said that the last 2 seasons.

Yesterday game, we started the game in a 4-0 deficit. MB´s fault. If he knows that our offense isnt hitting, he should bring his A game. Agst the Dodgers, he pitched a brilliant game and we gave him a 1-0 lead in the 1st inning. In the next 2 innings he gave that lead away. I know 1-0 is a s*** lead, but he knew that our offense wasnt that brilliant and they were facing a good pitcher. We scored 4 runs yesterday, if he could keep that 0s in the others innings maybe we tied it.

SHut up MB, keep trying and dont worry about our offense because when you pitch like the last 2 years, you will get a W.

In the last 2 seasons, MB was one of the leaders in run support? Right now, when the hitters is struggling when he pitches, he should show his best game and he isnt.

If he knows that our offense isnt hitting, he should bring his A game.

It were simply a matter of dialing up an A game, everyone would have a perfect record - the pitchers would all throw no hitters and every batter would have a 1.000 batting average.

Last night was not a good outing. That bad outing was not because MB chose to not bring his A game.

Baseball is a team sport and with 10 players out there on offense and defense, when someone is down someone else has to pick it up. This season that has happened rarely. Wunsch looked good but no one else did pitching wise and the 1 hit until the 8th or whatever - that was sad.

You all want to jump on players, jump on the whole damn team for not bringing their A game. The only A team players last night were Aaron Rowand on offense, Crede on defense, and Wunsch on the mound -

MB did not have it last night but if he had run run support, he'd be no worse than 6-6 now. His run support is like the third lowest in baseball

So how many runs does he want??? 8- 9?? His ERA is 5.18 so he's giving up 5 a game Sheesh!! What a Loser and ungreatfull little Tuwerp. Ship his Ass to St'louis...

Ohhh and one more thing Marky Boy. You gave up a Granny to Pedro Feliz with 2 outs DUH!!!! Pedro Feliz Dammit :fyou

MB did not have it last night but if he had run run support, he'd be no worse than 6-6 now. His run support is like the third lowest in baseball

So how many runs does he want??? 8- 9?? His ERA is 5.18 so he's giving up 5 a game Sheesh!! What a Loser and ungreatfull little Tuwerp. Ship his Ass to St'louis...

Ohhh and one more thing Marky Boy. You gave up a Granny to Pedro Feliz with 2 outs DUH!!!! Pedro Feliz Dammit :fyou

Over the last 7 games prior to last night how many runs did he want

KC - 7 innings ,, 2 earned runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

Minnesota - 7 innings ,, 3 "earned" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 4 runs, is that too much to ask?

Oakland -- 6 innings ,, 4 "e" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 4 runs at least to tie, is that too much to ask?

Oakland -- 7 and 1/3 ,, 2 "e" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

Seattle -- 5 innings ,, 4 e runs -- LOSS - not such a great outing

Toronto -- 6 innings ,, 2 e runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

LA Dodgers -- 6 innings ,, 2 e runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

The guy won 39 for us going into this season. He is having a down period. "Twerp" (note spelling) and "loser" and "ungrateful" are not words that should be used for MB. If after all he has done for us he gets called names like that, then I'd say f*** you to all the fans. He has earned our respect.

MB is a good guy and is probably trying too hard to be too perfect and to to aim too much which is not his game. I wantg MB on the team as long as he is in the majors, and as disappointed (to say the least, I drove 420 some miles yesterday and letf at 1 pm and got home at 3 am to see that... :angry: ) as I was with the game and his performance, and the 2-10 record, I still appreciate what he is has done and what he he is trying to do now in his struggles. He has earned a little time and patience with us and I stand by what I said - his team has let him down in run support far more than MB has pitched that badly.

Thanks for the Spelling corrections...

Ok Fine I agree that yes he's pitched good games. Like the one in toronto were Iron Glove Graffy f***ed the game for him. But.. Sometime you gotta take it, His ERA is high and that indicates he's been hit hard. If you look at the 1992 season Jim Abbott lost 15 games while winning 7 and his ERA was 2.77 fifth best in the AL, Now that's pitching your tail off and showing nothing for it.

Again, I agree he's pitched well, But you can't go out and say Ohhh I'll give up 6 and you get me 10 so i can win... I agree in the 2-1, 3-2 games but not the rest.

And about ungreatfull well.. the St louis thing didn't go well with me, and him saying it's expected at US celluar field is awful. The Fans will boo Lackluster play

KC - 7 innings ,, 2 earned runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

Minnesota - 7 innings ,, 3 "earned" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 4 runs, is that too much to ask?

Oakland -- 6 innings ,, 4 "e" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 4 runs at least to tie, is that too much to ask?

Oakland -- 7 and 1/3 ,, 2 "e" runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

Seattle -- 5 innings ,, 4 e runs -- LOSS - not such a great outing

Toronto -- 6 innings ,, 2 e runs -- LOSS - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

LA Dodgers -- 6 innings ,, 2 e runs -- LOSS  - I bet he wanted 3 runs, is that too much to ask?

In 7 games that u cited, could he keep some zeros in there? Or we gave him the lead like 3-0 and he gave up 4 runs. In that game in Minnesota, he gave up what 8 runs in 3 innings. If the offense scores 3 runs and he gives 4 runs in one inning, it´s bad.

MB 5.18 with a 2-10 record.

Jon (Cy or Judy) Garland has a 5.29 and a 4-5

A case could be made that MB should be closer to .500 with some run support. Sorry if I yawn. Mark should be closer to

A. Colon 6-5 with a 3.68

B. E-Lo 9-2 with a 2.06

His ERA is 1.5 to 2.0 rpg higher than what could fairly be expected of him. He needs to give up less runs then I'll lead the pity party for him.

Guest hotsoxchick1

QUOTE (IlliniBob72 @ Jun 12 2003, 12:10 PM)

I don't care what he's done in his last 4 starts. The issue is that he's been playing footsie with the Cardinals for the last few seasons and he got exposed as not joking around when he turned down the latest very generous Sox contract offer. If you're going to let everyone know that you'll be on the first plane out of town when given the opportunity, you'd better be one hell of a pitcher or you're going to get the Boobirds. Sorry precious Mark, but a 2-10 record from a guy who wants huge bucks in a city other than Chicago is going to catch flak. You've made your bed, now lie in it, donkey. 

you are way off base.... that is so not true..................

How, pray tell, is it not true. If you can point out the part of it that is inaccurate, with decent reasoning, fine. But unless I hear something other than "you are way off base", as far as I know, it's completely true.

the whole coment is off base... hes not been playing footsie with the cards......are you his agent?? im sure not, or you wouldnt have made a dumbass comment like that in the first place.......he turned down the latest contract cause it was a piece of s*** and was presented three different ways at three different times and no one could make up their f***ing mind what the hell was going on, kw said one thing and jr said something else.........name me one player right now on this piece of s*** team who isnt thinking.... i wish i was on the first f***in plane out of here.........watch and see what kind of offers maggs gets from other teams real soon and see whos the first guy out of dodge... if your gonna critisize then at least know enough to get your facts right.............. ;) a bit of friendly advise.........

Obviously you and I have different definitions of "piece of s***" contracts. Three different contract offers at three different times? Sounds like a negotiation to me. The only one that matters is the last one. Either way, believe me, he'd be the highest paid 2-10 pitcher in the league right now had he taken it. As for his playing "footsie" with the Cardinals, if you have no problem with his comments about his desire to play in St. Louis, bully for you, but I and many other Sox fans do have a problem with it. I bet many Sox players wish to be on a better team right now, but unlike MB, they're smart enough to keep those thoughts to themselves. No matter why MB decided to turn down the very generous Sox contract offer, whether it be to go to St. Louis when he can or to just test free agency, it's beginning to look like the worst business decision since Curtis Enis let that holy roller agent negotiate his contract with the Bears.

Finally, as for getting my facts straight, they seem pretty straight to me. Fact: MB is 2-10 with an ERA over 5.00. Fact: He has made comments about playing in St. Louis in the future two straight off-seasons. Fact: He turned down a multiyear, multi-million dollar contract from the Sox because it would extend into his free-agency, according to his agent, which by the way, as you accurately pointed out, is not me. Fact: He's got a face the size of the moon. OK, maybe that last one is opinion. So, given these facts, I've put 2 and 2 together and deduced that he wants to maintain his free agency so he can go to St. Louis. Being a message board and not a newspaper, I'm allowed to speculate and criticize. Anyway, all you've countered with is opinion about the contract offer, speculation about which Sox players want to stick around, and fortune telling pertaining to Mags' future. Oh, I also forgot the insults.

I don't blame him for being frustrated at booing.

It sounds like that's it ... the booing.

It's obvious we're going to run him out of town now and he'll excel somewhere else.

They'll probably boo him when he has a bad inning in his new city, too, but that's besides the point.

Mark Buehrle will rebound next year. Notice I said NEXT YEAR.

This year, he will suck ass. It's that simple. All players, minus a few gems, will have a bad year. It's too bad that Buehrle decide to have his THIS YEAR.

However, he will rebound.

He's not the total problem - but he's part of it. I had this team penciled in to win 96 games. Thank God that pencils have erasers!

This team has disappointed me more than the 1984 team. That's saying a lot.

To turn on a guy the first time he has a rough period/bad year/whatever, is rediculous. In my whole time as a Sox fan, there has only been one player that I truly did not like... Navarro. If a guy is going there trying to do his job to the best of his ability, that's all you can ask from that player at any particular time.

Put yourself in MB shoes, he's pitched very very well fot 2 years, hits a rough spot and gets booed in his home park. Can you blame him? I can't .... Seems to me what he said was true .... "That is expected here". And you know, when guys get free agency eligible, they are going to bolt because of that s***, too. And, opposing players come in here and hear that s*** ... well, they aren't going to giving JR any discounts on their services when they become FA's.

Maybe some of the Sox fans are as much of the problem as JR, KW, JM, etc. If you were going to go to work and get hammered by 15000 fans, would you have a good attitude?

Mark still has some stuff to say...

A day after expressing disappointment with being booed at home, White Sox starter Mark Buehrle said he wished fans would look at the big picture.

"I deserved to get booed [Wednesday]," he said. "But the way they make it sound is that I've thrown bad every start.

"A lot of fans were saying, 'You [stink]!' And I did. But they don't look at all the games I've thrown [well]."

Buehrle, who has nine quality starts in 15 tries, was jeered after walking off the mound with the Sox trailing 8-0 in the fifth inning.

"You have some outstanding fans out there," he said, "and you have some fans who like getting on people. They have the right to cheer and boo, but when you're out there booing, it doesn't do any good. You should be rooting your team on, hoping they do better."

Buehrle wasn't earning much sympathy from his teammates.

As he addressed reporters, closer Billy Koch yelled: "You get booed once every fifth day. We get booed every day."

Then reliever Rick White chimed in: "Shoot, I got booed for throwing a strike to [barry] Bonds."

Buehrle believes Sox fans are taking into account his off-hand comments over the past two years that he might want to pitch for his hometown St. Louis Cardinals someday.

Then there's the fact Buehrle turned down a contract offer this spring that could have been worth $27 million over five years.

"I heard a couple of comments: 'Go ahead and go to St. Louis now. We don't want you here anymore,'" Buehrle said.

"When things are going good, they're behind you. When things are going bad, they totally turn against you. That's what fans are."

Sox manager Jerry Manuel, a frequent target of boos, added: "It's difficult not to take it personally, but it's about your performance. That's what they're frustrated about—whether it's me or a pitcher or hitter. If you start winning, those things go away."

the whole coment is off base... hes not been playing footsie with the cards......are you his agent?? im sure not, or you wouldnt have made a dumbass comment like that in the first place.......he turned down the latest contract cause it was a piece of s*** and was presented three different ways at three different times and no one could make up their f***ing mind what the hell was going on, kw said one thing and jr said something else.........name me one player right now on this piece of s*** team who isnt thinking.... i wish i was on the first f***in plane out of here.........watch and see what kind of offers maggs gets from other teams real soon and see whos the first guy out of dodge... if your gonna critisize then at least know enough to get your facts right.............. ;) a bit of friendly advise.........

This is another day that you bring up the deplorable conditions of our locker room. Is it just losing or something other? I thought KW was being shown the door in a modest manner this appears to have changed, is that the case?

Guest hotsoxchick1

This is another day that you bring up the deplorable conditions of our locker room. Is it just losing or something other? I thought KW was being shown the door in a modest manner this appears to have changed, is that the case?

the locker room now has nothing to do with kw.. hes not allowed to do anything there, outside visit......it has to do with the players themselves an their attitude twards eachother.... remember back to 2000..everyone was having fun playing and they all got along .......its not so these days...(this one sticks with that one and doesnt talk to the other one anymore and so on its like payton place)..when you dread coming into work because you feel your going to get into it with someone, or someone is going to give you a ton of s*** when he himself has no room for talking, it tends to make a very unpleasant work atmosphere......alot of the guys are feeling that way.....their leader needs to step in and take control or at least set a few ground rules or something to get these guys to start getting along better or they are never going to work together on the field as a UNIT...OR TEAM which ever you choose to be the best term.........