7/25 Game Thread

GoRowand33

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 09:40 PM)
So gooch just decided on his own to run to 3rd. He didnt pick up his third base coach at all. Come on now.

No, but its not a stupid thing to send the runner there. Cuddyer just made a spectacular throw.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
So gooch just decided on his own to run to 3rd. He didnt pick up his third base coach at all. Come on now.

Right decision to send him there, you're trying to scratch out every run you can. It took a great throw and a bad call (and slide) to get Gooch at 3rd there.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 08:40 PM)
Please tell us exactly how he should have slid Mr. Baseball, especially considering he beat the tag and the umpire was behing the play and couldn't see where the 3rd baseman applied the tag.

I'll sit back and wait for my answer.

Sheesh.

I'm not Mr. Baseball, BUT gooch could have hook slided towards left field, and grab the bag with his hand

not very easy to do though

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Please tell us exactly how he should have slid Mr. Baseball, especially considering he beat the tag and the umpire was behing the play and couldn't see where the 3rd baseman applied the tag.

I'll sit back and wait for my answer.

Sheesh.

You slide to the back of the base. If the 3rd baseman is on the inside of the base, you go to the outside. Hell...Cora had a good view of the play, he could have pointed for him to go more to the outside.

Whoever made the decision it was a good one.

Exactly, he needs to be aggressive. It took a perfect throw, and even though it was a good throw he was safe anyways. Bad call, and just another example of SoxTalk pinning something on one of their favorite whipping boys. Too bad they don't know what the hell they're talking about ... again.

Bad call by Diaz, even though it was a close play. Bottom line, Diaz got the call wrong.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:40 AM)
Whoever made the decision it was a good one.

Yep, 100 pct right decision. Especially considering Santana's on the mound, you have to try and get to third base with one out.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 06:43 PM)
You slide to the back of the base. If the 3rd baseman is on the inside of the base, you go to the outside. Hell...Cora had a good view of the play, he could have pointed for him to go more to the outside.

it was a good throw

Did you watch the play????? He DID slide to the outside. He was safe.

How about posting less with the criticisms when you're wrong? Iguchi made a good slide to the outside, he got in there, and yet you criticize his slide. Unreal.