Keep up your faith!

S720

Understandably, this is the toughest time since we won the World Series that the team and us fans are going through. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OUR PLAYERS, MANAGERS OR COACHES. They are trying their damned hard to change this negative direction. This is the time the team needs our support.

Please keep up our faith, because this is about the ONLY thing the team and us fans have right now. Let's hope for the best in the coming months.

Understandably, this is the toughest time since we won the World Series that the team and us fans are going through. STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT OUR PLAYERS, MANAGERS OR COACHES. They are trying their damned hard to change this negative direction. This is the time the team needs our support.

Stop complaining? Why? Their performances are certainly worthy of complaint. If they play well, there won't be complaining. Instead, they are rolling over and playing dead. They deserve lots of complaints.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:07 PM)
I do question if everyone you mentioned is 100 pct focused on winning the game.

Fathom, negative will lead to NOTHING! Suck it up the bad times, and let's hope for the good times that will soon arrive.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:10 AM)
Fathom, negative will lead to NOTHING! Suck it up the bad times, and let's hope for the good times that will soon arrive.

Tell that to the players. I don't want to hear quotes about how the players are waiting around knowing something bad is going to happen. Regardless of what Hawk says, there's a terrible vibe going on through the clubhouse right now.

what does being a smart fan lead to?

just curious...

Neither being a smart fan nor being a blind homer fan lead to anything. But I think intelligent fandom is its own reward. I don't like going through life or a baseball season with my eyes closed, and then whining about smart fans talking about baseball reality.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Blind optimism and rah-rah cheerleading will lead to NOTHING! Open your eyes and be a smart fan.

I understand what you are saying... but a smart fan also realizes that these players care. They want to win. They know they aren't playing well.

I agree... Stay Positive... The Sun will still come out tomorrow.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:14 PM)
Blind optimism and rah-rah cheerleading will lead to NOTHING! Open your eyes and be a smart fan.

Blind optimism! How long has you been a Sox fan? I'm 43 years old, and have been a Sox fan eversince I can remember. I suffered through MANY years of letdown and frustration. I fishing cried last year when we won the World Series.

If you think you are fishing a smart fan, tell me what does the team have to do to get out of this negative trend?

If you don't know, shut the fish up!

Blind optimism! How long has you been a Sox fan? I'm 43 years old, and have been a Sox fan eversince I can remember. I suffered through MANY years of letdown and frustration. I fishing cried last year when we won the World Series.

If you think you are fishing a smart fan, tell me what does the team have to do to get out of this negative trend?

If you don't know, shut the fish up!

Calm down, gramps.

This team needs to do many things to start winning again. The key is starting pitching. We've got 1 starting pitcher with an ERA under 4.50. If the starting pitching doesn't come around in a consistent way, we're cooked. Ozzie needs to do a better job of handling the SP's and the bullpen. The problem is that he doesn't know how to do it and I doubt he's going to learn any time soon. And of course the team needs more consistent hitting. Not just a few hits a game including a couple homers. That isn't going to get it done.

But I think one of the biggest problems is that this team doesn't have the fire in the belly to win quite enough. They don't show the hunger they had last year. They aren't fighting for it like they did last year. Ozzie needs to do something about that. That's his job.

we know theyre trying but trying isnt good enough. I am tired of watching this team do the same stuff every game since the break.

this team is showing no sense of urgency. seems like they believed all the hype and figured they would just show up when the playoffs start.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:25 PM)
Calm down, gramps.

This team needs to do many things to start winning again. The key is starting pitching. We've got 1 starting pitcher with an ERA under 4.50. If the starting pitching doesn't come around in a consistent way, we're cooked. Ozzie needs to do a better job of handling the SP's and the bullpen. The problem is that he doesn't know how to do it and I doubt he's going to learn any time soon. And of course the team needs more consistent hitting. Not just a few hits a game including a couple homers. That isn't going to get it done.

But I think one of the biggest problems is that this team doesn't have the fire in the belly to win quite enough. They don't show the hunger they had last year. They aren't fighting for it like they did last year. Ozzie needs to do something about that. That's his job.

When the Sox were in the same situation with the Cleveland Indians right behind their tail, you probably had the same whining reaction. If this is Ozzie's job to redirect his team, let him do it, and stop your fishing whining.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:11 PM)
Regardless of what Hawk says, there's a terrible vibe going on through the clubhouse right now.

You lose are credibility as soon as you start talking about the clubhouse. How do you know what's going on in there?

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 04:33 AM)
You lose are credibility as soon as you start talking about the clubhouse. How do you know what's going on in there?

When players state that they're just waiting for something bad to happen. When that's going on, you don't have a positive vibe in the clubhouse.

QUOTE(S720 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)

Pal, being positive will lead to nothing. We're fans. Our attitude has no bearing on the outcome of games.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:19 PM)
Neither being a smart fan nor being a blind homer fan lead to anything. But I think intelligent fandom is its own reward. I don't like going through life or a baseball season with my eyes closed, and then whining about smart fans talking about baseball reality.

^^^^ Good post.

Uh oh, you guys fighting with each other could lead to vacations.

Gramps is uncalled for.

It does beg the question. What players do you think deserve our support right now?

I would say in terms of trying hard of late (though I can't prove it) I'd back Iguchi, Thome,

Konerko, Crede, Garland the most as well as BA I guess.

GO SOX

When the Sox were in the same situation with the Cleveland Indians right behind their tail, you probably had the same whining reaction. If this is Ozzie's job to redirect his team, let him do it, and stop your fishing whining.

Take a pill, man. Yeah, it is Ozzie's job to "redirect" this team to winning, and he clearly isn't getting the job done. And I'm going to keep criticizing this team for as long as they deserve criticism. If you don't like it, maybe you can start your own board where people limit their posts to, "Go Sox!" "I love the Sox!" "Ozzie is great!" Hardly worth the effort it takes to type that crap.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 25, 2006 -> 11:44 PM)
Take a pill, man. Yeah, it is Ozzie's job to "redirect" this team to winning, and he clearly isn't getting the job done. And I'm going to keep criticizing this team for as long as they deserve criticism. If you don't like it, maybe you can start your own board where people limit their posts to, "Go Sox!" "I love the Sox!" "Ozzie is great!" Hardly worth the effort it takes to type that crap.

With all do respect, it's wasted effort to beach and moan about the losing. There isn't a damn thing you can do anyway.

With all do respect, it's wasted effort to beach and moan about the losing. There isn't a damn thing you can do anyway.

No one is saying that any comments on a message board are going to affect the outcome of games. No comments, either positive or negative, by fans on a message board make the team better or worse.

This board is about talking about the Sox. That is what we are doing. Some critically analyze the team, and some cheerlead. It is equally "wasted effort" to criticize the team, and to cheerlead.

Ostrich%20head%20in%20sand.jpg

39k people are paying to see the whitesox day in and day out perform. They have our support. However unlike a cub fan, I am not just going to smile, get drunk and pretend that if I wish hard enough they will get better.

This team will get better when our team starts hitting line drives instead of trying to hit homers, when our pitching staff realizes the best pitch to throw on 0-2 is not something center cut, and our manager learns when to pull a starting pitcher, and when our 3rd base coach learns to send fast guys and be careful with slow guys.

Edited by southsideirish71