Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

QUOTE(chisoxfan79 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:04 PM)
Next time a bench player does not start I am going to throw a party. Play the fishin regulars the way MB has pitched he needs the best defense behind him and Mack and Cintron both are not very good with the glove. Last time all the regulars played was what last week vs the tigers and what happened we won big. Maybe KW should send down all the bench players

Seriously. Someone needs to sit Ozzie down and tell him to stop marching out these retarded lineups.

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
With Buehrle on the mound, we need our best defense playing. There's no excuse for Anderson not playing today.

If we really needed to give Makowiak ABs he should have subbed for Dye and Pods in the last 2 games instead of Gload and Ozuna.

Nice start to the game.

I actually hate to say this but Dusty baker actually looks like a better manager than ozzie right now! Heres their differences:

Ozzie: Contreras pitching great but in trouble in the 7th with two runners on in a tie game. Instead of bringing in a reliever he wants jose to have a chance to get a win. Hitter ends up hitting a 3 run HR. sox lose. jose loses.

Dusty: Mark Prior has a no-hitter through 5 and even brings it into the 6th but he walks a guy with 1 out. Dusty makes a change for a quality reliever and the cubs get out of the inning game still tied.

I would love for our starters to get the win but getting the win is more important rather than leaving the starter in to get hit.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
Seriously. Someone needs to sit Ozzie down and tell him to stop marching out these retarded lineups.

I don't mind at all that Ozzie's giving people extra rest, but I'm just being driven nuts by the fact that the only thing on which we base which backups to play and which regulars to rest is whether there's a righty or a lefty on the mound. We pay no attention at all to who's actually hitting well, or who's hitting well against lefties and righties, we pay no attention to defense, we pay no attention to the history of each batter against a particular pitcher, it's all, 100% on lefty-righty matchups.

As someone said a while ago, Iguchi is terrible this year against lefties and great against righties, and Cintron is better against lefties and worse against Righties, so we play Cintron against the righty and Iguchi last night against the lefty. Brian Anderson hits 40 points better against righties, so whenever there's a righty in there, Mack gets the start in CF, and Anderson sits around and rests those tired 24 year old legs.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:07 PM)

If there is someone on the 25 man roster outside of Gload, he will use them.

Last year he couldnt find enough places to get Timo into the lineup. Need to give Kong a rest at 1st, 5'8 Timo can play there, need a DH Timo can play there, need a LF or RF Timo is your guy. Now Timo couldnt hit, wasnt very good but during our slump last year he was running out there day in and day out.

Now Ozzie has more toys to play with. The regular lineup is not the norm, these carnival lineups are more of the regulars lineups.

QUOTE(Sonik22 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:10 PM)
I actually hate to say this but Dusty baker actually looks like a better manager than ozzie right now! Heres their differences:

Ozzie: Contreras pitching great but in trouble in the 7th with two runners on in a tie game. Instead of bringing in a reliever he wants jose to have a chance to get a win. Hitter ends up hitting a 3 run HR. sox lose. jose loses.

Dusty: Mark Prior has a no-hitter through 5 and even brings it into the 6th but he walks a guy with 1 out. Dusty makes a change for a quality reliever and the cubs get out of the inning game still tied.

I would love for our starters to get the win but getting the win is more important rather than leaving the starter in to get hit.

Dont kid yourself, Dusty only did that because Prior is just off the DL. If that was Zambrano he would have been out there till his arm fell off.

Sigh, fortunately Silva is on the bump for the bad guys.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:13 PM)
Boy, if the Twins just sit on that change up, they'll hit a dozen HR's off of Buehrle today (because Ozzie will be sure to leave him in for 7 innings to make sure he gives up that 12th HR).

You gotta love back to back change-ups right down the plate.

I wonder if Gardenhire will switch their rotation up so he gets both Liriano and Santana against Detroit. With the offday tomorrow, he could have Liriano Friday and Santana Sunday on regular rest. I doubt he'd do that to Radke but we know he likes to do that with matchups.

:pray