Twins @ Sox - 7/26 Game Thread

Kalapse

• Replies 735
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:25 PM)
You will see at least 5 balls drop between Mack and Cintron today.

Glad we have our best D out there today.

And this is the day after Ozzie praises the Twins and their defense in his post game interview.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
St. Louis, while in dire need of pitching, really doesn't have anything that great in their minor leagues IIRC. Certainly nothing worth Buehrle.

I know, it's too bad we can't get a "Mulder" package from them.

I know Buehrle will be facing Silva, and some actually feel good about this game.

Im having a hard time personally with the ball flying out of the Cell and flyball pitcher Buehrle on the hill.

Will the off day help us?

Now Singelton with the why cant the tigers struggle like the sox.

Well DJ Leyland isnt going to rest his starters like we do. So they get a consistant lineup.

And Leyland realizes to use his pen a bit, a not let x starting pitcher give up runs like crazy after the 7th. And Leyland reads a scouting chart instead of going with his "gut"

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:28 PM)
Here comes either a K, homer, ground out to 3rd base, or pop up on the right side.

LOL

I feel bad I'm only follwoing via gameday. I sorta miss the shoulder and head slump after a pop up.

Well, at least we got a commercial for Major League right there... the only movie that could make me like the Indians.

Though I will admit that in the theater during Major League II, I actively booed when the Indians beat the White Sox. And I'm rambling now.

String together some hits!

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 06:17 PM)
I've heard he will. One question...why are you praying? We better root like hell for the Tigers this wknd.

I'm optimistic still (to a fault, admittedly). Some reasons I'm still optimistic include:

-Jason Tyner

-Jason Bartlett (granted, he was a solid prospect a couple years ago)

-Nick Punto

-Rondell White

-Carlos Silva

-Scott Baker

It completely befuddles me how this cast of characters is playing .800 ball. One could make the same list w/ Sox players as to why I should be pessimistic, but that's another story.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:27 PM)
I know, it's too bad we can't get a "Mulder" package from them.

They have a couple solid young arms on the Major League roster right now... Wainwright and Reyes, but I highly doubt they are for sale with the lack of depth the Cards already have pitching.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 26, 2006 -> 01:32 PM)
anybody catch Leyland's visit to the mound to talk to Zumaya? Said about three words and split.

Leyland:How you feeling?

Zumaya: Good.

Perhaps?