7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 10:48 AM)
Freddy, no more f***ing around with this season. No more wasted starts, no more collapses. Pitch like a man. Pitch like a world champ who has some pride.

That's the thing that drives me insane about Garcia.

Garcia was throwing hard against the Yankees, and shut them down (a little too late, but still). I was of the opinion that he's either off steroids, needs to have his shoulder examined, or needs a psychologist to tell him how stupid it is to decide to stop throwing a hard fastball.

Except that I've been skeptical of that whole, "Personal choice" line of explanation. You're telling me it's his choice to give up five, six runs a game? But then he was throwing flames in New York, and I can't figure out what the hell is going on.

QUOTE(SnB @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 01:29 PM)
this is a huge 6 games for us right here.

4 wins has to be the minimum.

I'm hoping for more, but I'm expecting about four wins.

Freddy's gotta be able to handle the Royals in his next start after this one. Too bad Kansas City misses Vazquez -- them, and Cleveland, are his favorites.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
Win a game against a pitcher who's been lights out. Now that would be impressive.

If there's anything left of "Big Game" Freddy Garcia, if that pitcher we saw last year isn't totally dead, then today's the day we'll see it. Winning a must-win game in the middle of a slump against a pitcher who's been dominant lately...that's what Garcia was good at last year.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 01:47 PM)
If there's anything left of "Big Game" Freddy Garcia, if that pitcher we saw last year isn't totally dead, then today's the day we'll see it. Winning a must-win game in the middle of a slump against a pitcher who's been dominant lately...that's what Garcia was good at last year.

Too much weed on the off day = bad Frederick.

No weed on off day/ass chewing by Oz = good Freddy

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)

normally I would take 7 innings, 3 ER's from Fred, but today? He's got to match Bedard and keep it close. I just don't see the O getting much of a chance against this guy.

Hopefully Freddy took it easy on the booze and ganja last night and he can lead the troops to a White Sox winner. I'm going to sit back tonight with a beer and a cigarette and enjoy a great game by the White Sox.

...who am I spiffting. I'm scared.

:ph34r: :gosox4: