7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 11:57 PM)
Our rotation is in shambles right now. We have 3 automatic losses. And recently, Contreras is racking up the losses even while pitching decently.

Our offense is worse off than our pitching, in my opinion. If we continue to score 3 runs or less whenever we face a good pitcher, we'd doomed. We're going to face some great pitchers in the 2nd half of the season.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:58 PM)
I'd like to see Freddy lose 30 pounds. He looks fat and tired.

Yeah, the new haircut makes his face look even bigger.

There's an error on Uribe, man on first. Garcia has not looked bad at all so far. Things really haven't gone his way, but these situations have cost this team dearly.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:00 PM)
Why is it when our pitchers give up a homer, there is always someone who says they hit a good pitch? Freddy Garcia for some reason is washed up.

It's weird, but that's exactly how it feels. It's just 5 years earlier than expected.

Yeah, the new haircut makes his face look even bigger.

There's an error on Uribe, man on first. Garcia has not looked bad at all so far. Things really haven't gone his way, but these situations have cost this team dearly.

His 87 mph fastball has looked very hittable. And that slow fastball makes all of the rest of his pitches more hittable. Want proof? The Orioles are hitting him very well and have scored 3 runs so far, and he's not out of the 3rd inning.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
At his weight and physical conditiong, with the heat I'm sure he's going to be exhausted by the 5th inning.

I agree with this and the earlier post, he needs to lose 30 lbs. Another example of a member of the best rotation ever assembled not being able to pitch over an error. Hawk just said there has to be some reason Tejada makes $15 million a year. On the flip side, there has to be some reason the White Sox rotation is compensated as well as they are. Its going to take a while to find a reason.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:03 PM)
I can't wait for Tejada to beat us all series. This team is absolutely dead right now. How come every other team has no problem scoring from first on a double, and we can't even score from second on a single?

In more ways than we can count, this is looking like a pre-2005 White Sox team.