7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 05:21 PM)
Leyland, who is a good manager and not just a cheerleader, ripped into his team earlier in the year and they haven't looked back since then.

Ozzie, who is a bad manager and a great cheerleader/motivator, is seemingly allowing this team to slide.

you really think yelling at these guys is going to make them play better?

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If anyone thinks this team is going to turn it around, its time for you to stop thinking that way. They are defeated. You can see it on their faces, and in their play. 2 errors, sloppy play, lazy at bats, lazy pitching, lazy throws. They absolutley are done.

No hunger at all. Last year they fought like hell for wins. Losses made them angry. This year losses are met with a shrug.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
so any ideas who are two new starters are going to be in the 2007 rotation?

count, garland, bmac....

Uh, Jose Contreras says hi. He's not going anywhere. Buehrle probably isn't, either.

---

No faith in Freddy.

You know, I'd almost prefer it if Freddy got flipped with Mac, but imagine that miserable arm coming out of the pen!

you really think yelling at these guys is going to make them play better?

Ozzie needs to try something. His response so far has basically been *yawn* "so what?" And his team is playing the same way. Maybe he should act like this is unacceptable and light a fire under them. That's what he gets paid for, isn't it? That what he's supposed to be good at. Because he sure as hell isn't good at the in-game part of managing.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:25 PM)
Uh, Jose Contreras says hi. He's not going anywhere. Buehrle probably isn't, either.

---

No faith in Freddy.

You know, I'd almost prefer it if Freddy got flipped with Mac, but imagine that miserable arm coming out of the pen!

ummmm, thats why hes first on my list of the three pitchers who are staying. read it again.

What has to happen is freddy and either buhrle or vaz HAS to go on the 15 day DL. let Bmac and heager or whoever else you want at AAA to try to get lucky. Then with a break and maybe some luck by the new pitchers this team will have a different vibe and that might turn around our SP's. A trade isn't gonna do crap except make us worse next year so this is really the ONLY thing you can do at this point. Will this happen? of course not

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:25 PM)

---

No faith in Freddy.

What pisses me off most about Freddy is that he doesn't even seem to give a spiff when he's getting hammered.

Freddy should only be allowed to smoke up if he goes out there and gives us 7 ip and 3 runs. Maybe that will motivate his lazy ass.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:26 AM)
Ozzie needs to try something. His response so far has basically been *yawn* "so what?" And his team is playing the same way. Maybe he should act like this is unacceptable and light a fire under them. That's what he gets paid for, isn't it? That what he's supposed to be good at. Because he sure as hell isn't good at the in-game part of managing.

Don't worry, he'll be fired up next time we play at Texas.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:21 PM)
Leyland, who is a good manager and not just a cheerleader, ripped into his team earlier in the year and they haven't looked back since then.

Ozzie, who is a bad manager and a great cheerleader/motivator, is seemingly allowing this team to slide.

I take issue with this. Ozzie took this club where it hadn't gone in, like, 100 years. I am sick of hearing how sh***y Ozzie is, when his starting pitchers have summarily lost their velocity and overall effectiveness. Nobody could manage this starting staff into a pennant winner. Their effectiveness is integral to the team's success and he has done everything to help, coddle and instil confidence.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I would just like someone from the White Sox to explain the dramatic velocity loss Garcia has encountered. Is he hurt? Is he off the juice? Did he just get old? That and keep him away from the buffet table.

It's incredible that the press doesn't press the Sox about it.

Last year, McCarthy was a huge spark plug for the team. We were slumping when he made a big start at Texas, and his great performance got this team back on the right track. However, by the time he'd be ready to throw 100 pitches in a game, we might be 5 or 6 games back.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I would just like someone from the White Sox to explain the dramatic velocity loss Garcia has encountered. Is he hurt? Is he off the juice? Did he just get old? That and keep him away from the buffet table.

Maybe he stopped using greenies.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:27 PM)
It's incredible that the press doesn't press the Sox about it.

phil rogers should just demand that him and buerhle have an MRI. seriously, im so tired of this "tipping pitches" bullspiff any medical explanation would be welcome.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
What pisses me off most about Freddy is that he doesn't even seem to give a spiff when he's getting hammered.

Freddy should only be allowed to smoke up if he goes out there and gives us 7 ip and 3 runs. Maybe that will motivate his lazy ass.

I disagree there. I think it's obvious that Freddy cares. I think he's the most expressive on the mound for us.

He just can't do anything about it.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I take issue with this. Ozzie took this club where it hadn't gone in, like, 100 years. I am sick of hearing how sh***y Ozzie is, when his starting pitchers have summarily lost their velocity and overall effectiveness. Nobody could manage this starting staff into a pennant winner. Their effectiveness is integral to the team's success and he has done everything to help, coddle and instil confidence.

This is true. quality post

The funniest/silliest thing I've heard and read is that Freddy has decreased his velocity on purpose because he now wants to be a soft-tosser. That is pure BS. Even if he were stupid enough to try that early in the season, he wouldn't keep it up through his persistent failure. He either has a nagging injury or some big-time long-term fatigue. Frankly, I have a feeling that neither Freddy nor the organization have a good idea of why is velocity is so far down.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I disagree there. I think it's obvious that Freddy cares. I think he's the most expressive on the mound for us.

He just can't do anything about it.

Nah i think it's Vazquez, only because I see him whine and throw a tantrum when he gives up the big run homer followed by little bloops.

QUOTE(ottawa_sox @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)

Fact is, these players do not look motivated at all. That is what Ozzie is supposed to be good at, getting his guys up for the game. We all already know that he's pretty sub-par at managing a game, so he has to be good at motivation. I just want to see some intensity out of these guys. Ozzie might as well say "meh" to every question he is asked in his postgame conferences. He just doesn't seem to think much of this terrible play.