7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

Am I the only one really concerned with Konerko's open stance? He's pulling the ball way too much, and I think its because of his open front foot. I think he could have a much better chance of getting to the balls and just poking them into right if he would just even up his feet.

I mean, thats what the little league coaches would always tell us if we were slumping, that our stance was messed.

Maybe its just me.

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:38 AM)
Shame on us for believing in this team

Shame on KW for sitting on his flipping hands

I think the only thing KW could do to shake up this team would bring in another quality starter, nothing else will help......

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:38 PM)
Shame on us for believing in this team

Shame on KW for sitting on his flipping hands

The team was good...and now not. Maybe this bad stretch sent the message to KW that giving up prospects wasn't worth it this year.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 12:39 AM)
The offense was so due for a long tough stretch. Most of their numbers are still better that what you could have reasonably expected. If they hit like their career norms the first half of the season, KW would be the #1 seller on the trade market.

And that's why I hated the stupid argument that we shouldn't worry about our starting pitchers, as they'll revert back to their career numbers. Ummm....wouldn't that mean our hitters would revert back also?

Can Ozzie please try to be agressive. This team has been so fishing passive the past few weeks its disgusting. Our fastest and best base stealer has reached based twice tonight and he's yet to run. He even had a few pitches that got in the dirt (one of which he should have been on 2nd on) where he didn't attempt anything either.

Our offense is in a funk so find other ways. Use hit and runs to force the hitters to shorten the swing and use right field (not to mention put pressure on the defense) and try to steal to get your guys in scoring position so you just need one single as opposed to a couple strung in there.

We can't just sit back and wait for the HR. I don't give two spiffs what a stat guru will tell me about it being dumb to run in front of Thome or Paulie because they can hit HR's, fact of the matter is right now we ain't hitting hr's so you got to push and find other ways to create offense.

Ozzie stop sitting on your ass and start making some agressive calls. Thats what we hired you for, we didn't hire you to sit around and start calling an American League style of baseball (which I consider sub-par baseball because it has no creativity or art and it tends to fail in the playoffs...look at how the Angels, Marlins, White Sox have all succeeded in recent years playing another style).

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
I'll ask again since nobody answered before.

If we get crushed this weekend, would you be angry at KW for having a white flag trade?

As long as its members of the rotation. I dont think you can trade anyone else really.