7/28/2006 White Sox v. Orioles

• Replies 716
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:26 PM)
So on the orioles brodcast they said that in the last whatever number of games were 14 of 84 with RISP. That comes out to be .16666666667 fishing TITS

Ya and that wasn't counting tonights game in which we've once again lacked a hit with RISP (well I guess Ozuna hat a hit with RISP, but BA didn't come around to score on the single...he did score on Guchi's sac fly though).

the reason it isn't pissing him off is because he knows that there is nothing he can do with this team. Last year we were great for 5 months, then when we struggled, he said we stunk, he expected more. I think he knows at this point there isn't much to expect with a one dimensional offense and below average pitching.

If there's nothing he can do, then what good is a manager? If there's nothing he can do, then apparently he didn't do anything last year either, and he deserves no credit for the Sox championship. Of course, in reality, there are things he can do. He did things last year that helped this team win. He's not being effective this season. I don't see him doing much at all. I see no fire, no urgency, no intensity from him. I don't see him even acting like this is unacceptable and it has to change immediately.

QUOTE(SoxHawk1980 @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
If there's nothing he can do, then what good is a manager? If there's nothing he can do, then apparently he didn't do anything last year either, and he deserves no credit for the Sox championship. Of course, in reality, there are things he can do. He did things last year that helped this team win. He's not being effective this season. I don't see him doing much at all. I see no fire, no urgency, no intensity from him. I don't see him even acting like this is unacceptable and it has to change immediately.

We both totally agree on this line.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:27 PM)
As long as he stays healthy. That's been a huge problem for him.

with the way ozzie leaves in the SP. and the fact that our BP guys don't get a whole lotta work other than bobby when were doing well it shouldn't be a problem I hope.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)
You didn't answer the question about the relievers. You said they should be allowed to clean up their own mess, but not the starters.

It's a little bit different leaving out a starter to work around trouble when they've faced a lineup three times around and have thrown nearly 100 pitches.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:29 PM)
Nice hussle down the line AJ.

There are too many White Sox that give the courtesy jog down the line on routine grounders. If you develop a reputation for busting your ass, you will make the opposition commit at least 1 error every year, and probably more.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
It's a little bit different leaving out a starter to work around trouble when they've faced a lineup three times around and have thrown nearly 100 pitches.

Especially with the awful numbers some of our pitchers have as their pitch total adds up. We're not the first team to go far in the playoffs and then have our pitchers fall apart the next year.

Yes, I would give our relievers the chance to clean up their mess.

Fair enough. So it depends on the level of the mess and who they'd be facing.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:30 AM)
There are too many White Sox that give the courtesy jog down the line on routine grounders. If you develop a reputation for busting your ass, you will make the opposition commit at least 1 error every year, and probably more.

Thome gets down the line just as fast as Pods on routine grounders.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:30 PM)

I recall Ozzie benching Uribe last year for not hustling. Apparently he isn't as concerned with that this year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
Especially with the awful numbers some of our pitchers have as their pitch total adds up. We're not the first team to go far in the playoffs and then have our pitchers fall apart the next year.

exactly. why let garcia go out for the 7th if hes already thrown 96 pitches and wont be allowed to clean up his own messes? why make life harder for the relievers???

doesnt fishing make sense.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)
I recall Ozzie benching Uribe last year for not hustling. Apparently he isn't as concerned with that this year.

Ozzie himself used to do that. I remember Hawk sort of calling him out on it once. He said he hated when Ozzie did that. Now almost everyone does.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 29, 2006 -> 01:32 AM)

Of course, there's situations where it's obvious you should bring a lefty in (like having Thornton face Blalock, which was a good job by Ozzie).

QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 28, 2006 -> 08:32 PM)

ya know i'm not sure one on, 2 outs counts as a mess.... cotts shoulda been kept in.