7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god the weight of the trade deadline is off their collective backs so they can start to play good ball.

Brady Clark would of caught that. But Mr. Dergan has a hot wife, is a singles hitter, who cant steal, and cant field. Glad we have him over Clark.

Just put fishing Mack in LF and be done with it.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 12:44 AM)
Pods looked like he was playing bounce or fly and he needed to get one on the bounce. He is really pathetic defensively. He wasn't great last year, but the dropoff this season has been tremendous.

People say he's supposed to be a decent outfielder because he has speed. However, he's so tentative out there, and he looks slower than hell now. I laugh when people rip on Manny's defense when trying to stick up for Pods. I watched some Red Sox games this weekend, and Manny made 5 throws in those games better than any Pods has ever made.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Thank god the weight of the trade deadline is off their collective backs so they can start to play good ball.

Brady Clark would of caught that. But Mr. Dergan has a hot wife, is a singles hitter, who cant steal, and cant field. Glad we have him over Clark.

Just put fishing Mack in LF and be done with it.

Pods only steal since the All Star game he actually was picked off. By Bruce Chen. For the 3rd time in 2 years.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:46 PM)
People say he's supposed to be a decent outfielder because he has speed. However, he's so tentative out there, and he looks slower than hell now. I laugh when people rip on Manny's defense when trying to stick up for Pods. I watched some Red Sox games this weekend, and Manny made 5 throws in those games better than any Pods has ever made.

so true, so true

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 05:46 PM)

he's got the quick release of an infielder

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:44 PM)
Pods looked like he was playing bounce or fly and he needed to get one on the bounce. He is really pathetic defensively. He wasn't great last year, but the dropoff this season has been tremendous.

If he went for the running catch at the shoetops and missed it, it would have cost us many more runs. Smart play by him IMO.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:46 PM)

Most of the people throwing out the ceremonial first pitch make stronger throws than Pods has ever made.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:47 PM)
If he went for the running catch at the shoetops and missed it, it would have cost us many more runs. Smart play by him IMO.

Stand there and let the ball bounce 5 feet in front of you? This is the major leagues. The greatest players in the world. He's probably the only LF that doesn't have that ball routinely.