7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 06:15 PM)
You'd take Gload's over Thome?

Different strokes for different folks, but, while I appreciate Ross a lot, I'd rather Thome, thanks.

I'd take Gload's approach over Konerko's every once in a while, but not too often. Thome's just something special in our lineup.

I despite Thome's approach. Like the guy and I think he's made the rest of our hitters really good, but what he does doesn't add up. His numbers are ridiculously good though.

I'm not a fan of pure sluggers. I'll take Dyes and Konerko's and with Thome Ozzie has gotten way too pathetic as a manager.

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
The way I see it, even when Thome's low, he walks a ton, and that's always valuable. Makes pitchers throw a ton of pitches.

I'm talking about '3 Ks and a flyout' lows. Has had quite a few of those.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
I despite Thome's approach. Like the guy and I think he's made the rest of our hitters really good, but what he does doesn't add up. His numbers are ridiculously good though.

I'm not a fan of pure sluggers. I'll take Dyes and Konerko's and with Thome Ozzie has gotten way too pathetic as a manager.

I love Thome's approach.

He walks a ton. Homers a ton. Strikes out a ton. Most of his at-bats wind up at 3-2, and he's got no problem taking a walk if he's gotta.

Dye wouldn't be anywhere near this good this year without Thome in the lineup, IMO. This is his career year, I think.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:19 PM)
Why not? You say that about all our starters.

No I don't. The only 2 I find totally useless are Vazquez and Garcia. I have been one of Contreras' biggest supporters since he became a White Sox. Last year when people wanted to trade him for Burnett, I was laughed at for suggesting he could outpitch Burnett the rest of the 2005 season. I'm not a huge fan of Garland, but he's been better lately. He'll fall back from where's he been but probably won't be as bad as he was at the beginning of the year for the balance. Buerhle I like, but he's been so horrible. He'll be back.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2006 -> 01:23 AM)
No I don't. The only 2 I find totally useless are Vazquez and Garcia. I have been one of Contreras' biggest supporters since he became a White Sox. Last year when people wanted to trade him for Burnett, I was laughed at for suggesting he could outpitch Burnett the rest of the 2005 season. I'm not a huge fan of Garland, but he's been better lately. He'll fall back from where's he been but probably won't be as bad as he was at the beginning of the year for the balance. Buerhle I like, but he's been so horrible. He'll be back.

You've been very consistent in your view of players. I've never seen you switch your opinion of a specific player from one game to the next just because of something they do good or bad.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:23 PM)

Well, Rogers' era is at 4.63 now. His era is well over 10 since the break. He has a history of piching like crap after the break. How is he any less useless than Garcia and Vazquez?