7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:22 PM)
Black Mack is a back of the pen type.

True, I just like the idea of using him a lot so he gets his stamina up a bit and maybe with all that work he could find a feel for all his pitches. Something he's really lacked all season.

Plus I have some concerns if we do throw him into our rotation next year because he'd have had a down season this year in terms of innings pitched and I would have prefered to see him in the pen for part of the year and than again in the rotation for part of the year so that he could have continued to build arm strength and stamina the right way.

Bmac is young so we do need to be careful and giving him some innings may help us now and in the future (next few years).

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Ortiz hits a walk off HR. Would have been more surprised if he hadn't.

I was watching ESPN the other night and Ortiz has an incredible amout of walk off hits the past 3 seasons. It almost would make me walk him and get to Ramirez.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
I was watching ESPN the other night and Ortiz has an incredible amout of walk off hits the past 3 seasons. It almost would make me walk him and get to Ramirez.

Ya how ridiculously clutch has he been. He's more clutch than JOSE :chair

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
Ortiz hits a walk off HR. Would have been more surprised if he hadn't.

I don't know why teams pitch to him when he has a chance to win or tie the game. Unless the bases are loaded, walk him. If the bases are loaded, hit him because he's gonna make you look bad otherwise. I don't care how good Manny is, he's nowhere near as clutch as Ortiz. Nobody is.

And any update on Thome?

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:31 PM)
As did I. I really dont like anything to do with the AL East, but he is simply incredible, and is great for the game.

I

thank God he isn't on the Twins anymore.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:32 PM)
Man it's kinda sad how much Cleveland sucks.

not really, but i wouldn't have mind if they won tonite

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
Would you rather have Ortiz or Pujols at the plate in that situation?

Pujols, by a slim margin

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:33 PM)
No its not.

Yah, i Know :P I was trying to be nice though. Feels like their window went only lasted a couple of weeks at the end of last season. Their young pitching doesn't look so hot.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 10:35 PM)
Ha. Take off your Red Sox hatred goggles. Laughable.

?

Albert Pujols is the best player in baseball, hands down. I'd take Pujols in a heartbeat over anyone else in nearly any situation.