7/31 White Sox v. Royals

Sam

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
I don't want it to sound like I don't like Thome. I just think Paulie and Dye are more valuable. Thome is a big reason why we are where we are and its not fair for me to blame a player for our own manager changing his strategy.

I think you're absolutely wrong right there, but whatever. Agree to disagree.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:35 PM)
Again, how is he any less useless, though? My argument is not that Vazquez is better.

He wins big games. Your saying Vazquez is not better, but Rogers is useless. If Rogers is useless or just sucks, then Vazquez has to suck or am I missing something.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:39 PM)
He wins big games. Your saying Vazquez is not better, but Rogers is useless. If Rogers is useless or just sucks, then Vazquez has to suck or am I missing something.

I'm saying Rogers is no better than Garcia or Vazquez. Everybody knew he was pitching way over his head the first half. Now, once again, he's getting lit up after the break. It happens EVERY year. I just found it strange you were so quick to stick up for him. Lord knows you never, ever do that with our guys.

Exciting game though, very encouraging that we can jump out on the guy early. Other than the first two innings (I missed them both) Contreras looks good. Everyone on offense is clicking, except Uribe and Konerko, so its very encouraging.

Brian fishing Anderson. Seriously, I love that guy.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:50 PM)
We're winning 8-3.

I know, but hes still one of the worst hitters in the game.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:52 PM)
Brian better watch out or he'll be batting .225 sooner than he thinks.

:P Stud. I seriously might be developing a mancrush on the guy.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:42 PM)
I'm saying Rogers is no better than Garcia or Vazquez. Everybody knew he was pitching way over his head the first half. Now, once again, he's getting lit up after the break. It happens EVERY year. I just found it strange you were so quick to stick up for him. Lord knows you never, ever do that with our guys.

You need to work on comprehension of my posts. I stick up for a lot of White Sox players. I just haven't sucked back the Kool-Aid that will make me worship the ground Ozzie walks on, and that will make me think Coop can walk over to a mall, pick 11 or 12 guys and make the best pitching staff in baseball. And all I said about Rogers was that I wouldn't call him useless just yet. That's hardly a glowing endorsement.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 08:53 PM)
Hey Alex, any chance we turn on the feature that shows who's lurking the thread? :)

Talk to Jason. It's his call, but chances are good. We had it off for the trade that never happened.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Jul 31, 2006 -> 09:52 PM)
I know, but hes still one of the worst hitters in the game.

Why the hell are you complaining about Juan Uribe while he's hitting .306 since the ASB with a .818 OPS? At least complain while he's sucking for gods sake. He's one of the best defensive shortstops in the league, and although his throws haven't been the best as of late, he's still among the top of the list. He's always been a streaky hitter, this is nothing new. Deal with it, its not like he killed your firstborn or something.