Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Mackowiak's defense, arm, average, power, and OBP are all much better than Pods'. Mackowiak won't steal as many bases, but he will steal them intelligently. His caught stealing won't be near as many as Pods. Mackowiak is a better base runner...and he hustles more.

Actually I think that Mack will give you more stolen bases now that Mr. Dergan has been neutered on the base paths. Mr. Dergan is hurt, there is no other explanation why he is slow now.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
OK, I know this is a little behind, but I thought Freddy really showed up gload on that chopper, then absolutely fell asleep on the pop up that AJ caught

am I just nit picking?

Heh...that sounded like a Dear Abby letter.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:55 PM)
Ugh....I don't like this excuse. If he still isn't 100 pct, then he likely will never be.

It's not an excuse, its the truth. I don't make excuses for Podsednik, as I am one of the biggest advocators of getting a new leadoff man.

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:57 PM)
OK, I know this is a little behind, but I thought Freddy really showed up gload on that chopper, then absolutely fell asleep on the pop up that AJ caught

am I just nit picking?

I saw the same thing. By my count, it's the third time Freddy has shown up a teammate.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 12:58 AM)
Actually I think that Mack will give you more stolen bases now that Mr. Dergan has been neutered on the base paths. Mr. Dergan is hurt, there is no other explanation why he is slow now.

It's ironic that his only steal in the 2nd half of the season was when he was picked off.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
It's not an excuse, its the truth. I don't make excuses for Podsednik, as I am one of the biggest advocators of getting a new leadoff man.

If he's hurt, why the hell is he leading off and playing LF for a team trying to win another WS?

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:58 PM)

Well, then there's absolutely no reason for Pods to be starting with Mackowiak on the bench. Not a single reason.

Heh, gotta love Rotoworld:

Brent Clevlen (DET - CF)

News: Brent Clevlen went 3-for-5 and hit his first two major league home runs in Tuesday's win over the Devil Rays.

Impact: OK, this is obviously the Tigers' year. Sean Casey puts on a Detroit uniform and immediately hits his first home run in two months. Clevlen, who was hitting .224 with 128 strikeouts in 366 at-bats in Double-A, comes up and goes 5-for-8 with two homers in two games. We're not sure who's soul is going to be lost at the end of the year, but it looks like a good bargain so far.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 07:59 PM)
I saw the same thing. By my count, it's the third time Freddy has shown up a teammate.

I thought FG's new marriage and relationship with Ozzie was supposed to "settle him down"? How come he seems like a bigger asshole than ever these days?