Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:34 AM)
Ozzie blew this game, I'm sick and tired of watching him leave our guys in there. I've said it before and I'll say it again, as a manager you're supposed to know what your players are capable of doing and are not capable of doing. Last year, yeah he could have left Freddy in there, this year it is foolish to even consider it.

Here we are August 2nd, and he has yet to figure it out. Unreal.

Wake up Ozzie, or we won't be playing in the post-season.

He didn't have a very good 7th inning, but he didn't blow this game. Our offense didn't do much today, and Pods defense cost us. Teahen is on fire right now, and we kept putting pitches over the plate for him to HAMMER.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Well, we're supposed to be one of the best teams in baseball. If we want to go to the postseason, then we'll have to beat up on the bad teams. This will be, what, our 5th loss to KC this year? We're trying to keep up with the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox. This spiffty play against bad teams (especially when we lose to the good teams) won't work.

The next two weeks are put-up or shut-up time. I think we'll know a lot more about our 2006 future after these games.

A pitching change now? Are you freaking kidding me Ozzie?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)
He didn't have a very good 7th inning, but he didn't blow this game. Our offense didn't do much today, and Pods defense cost us. Teahen is on fire right now, and we kept putting pitches over the plate for him to HAMMER.

And didn't Ozzie walk a batter to get to Teahen?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:37 PM)
The next two weeks are put-up or shut-up time. I think we'll know a lot more about our 2006 future after these games.

A pitching change now? Are you freaking kidding me Ozzie?

:P :P :lizard :P :P

man, another walk?

well, I don't know, I know Bmac is pitching like S out there, but likely our only chance was to see if he could pull it together and get to bat in the 9th, I would have lived with it if Bmac just kept walking the world or getting shelled, it may have been do or die

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:36 PM)

Teahen has hammered us, yet we walk Costa? That doesnt make any sense.

Ozzie has made a ton of poor decisions this year. Just plain bad.

this must be to make up for the fact that he forgot to pull Freddy before he detonated. Just like he will forget again to take Vazquez out on Saturday when he reaches the sixth.

Our bullpen has the lowest amount of innings in the american league, yet we keep trying to get our tired starters into the 8th inning. He let Contreras throw over 120 pitches on Monday. And now we let Fastball Freddy get to pitch to a guy who jacked him the last AB.

Tigers win again and have yet another game with the Rays tomorrow.

Sox looking at being 9 games back heading into Toronto who just lost their 4th in a row with one left in NY tomorrow.

As much as I hate to say it I feel a sweep by the Jays and pretty much an official end to any chance the Sox catch the Tigers.

looks like it didn't matter, if Bmac mowed those two guys down in would have been delayed during the half inning.

Well, a game behind the playoffs, not good, but have to go to Toronto and win that series, Red Sox and Yankees play each other a few more times this year

looks like it didn't matter, if Bmac mowed those two guys down in would have been delayed during the half inning.

Well, a game behind the playoffs, not good, but have to go to Toronto and win that series, Red Sox and Yankees play each other a few more times this year

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 02:39 AM)
this must be to make up for the fact that he forgot to pull Freddy before he detonated. Just like he will forget again to take Vazquez out on Saturday when he reaches the sixth.

Our bullpen has the lowest amount of innings in the american league, yet we keep trying to get our tired starters into the 8th inning. He let Contreras throw over 120 pitches on Monday. And now we let Fastball Freddy get to pitch to a guy who jacked him the last AB.

Can we adopt a rule where we promote Razor Shines for any game started by Vazquez or Garcia?