Sox @ KC - 8/2 Game Thread

Heads22

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 09:47 PM)
Please don't post this stuff unless it becomes official. For those of us who are no longer watching Comcast, this is the only place for us to get an update.

Ah my bad, but I highly doubt we'll see action unless we get incredibly lucky the storms clear Kansas City. It's a safe bet (hope I'm dead wrong) that we'll finish it.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:01 AM)
gosh darn YEAH. Love Utley and I want to see this streak ride for a while.

If they take the hit away, the scorer should be killed.

Yep, that was a blatant hit. He flat out beat the play out. They gave it a hit again.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:02 PM)
Yep, that was a blatant hit. He flat out beat the play out. They gave it a hit again.

Right. No matter if Pujols was on the bag or not he was safe. You can't give an error for looking back the runner too long.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Right. No matter if Pujols was on the bag or not he was safe. You can't give an error for looking back the runner too long.

And it wasn't like they could give it a fielder's choice, as the pitcher didn't go after the runner on 3rd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:03 PM)
And it wasn't like they could give it a fielder's choice, as the pitcher didn't go after the runner on 3rd.

Bingo, he was purely looking him back.

Cheap hit, but there is no way you can ever touch 56 without a handful of those.

EDIT: Not saying he will touch it anyway...

Edited by WHarris1

As much as I hate to say it I feel a sweep by the Jays and pretty much an official end to any chance the Sox catch the Tigers.

I would have to agree. Nine games and up would take a MONUMENTAL

choke by the Tigers.

It's gonna be a dogfight for the wild card.

We're going to have to play GOOD baseball to land a postseason spot.

We won't be able to trickle in by playing .500 or .480.

Damn.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:23 PM)
I would have to agree. Nine games and up would take a MONUMENTAL

choke by the Tigers.

It's gonna be a dogfight for the wild card.

We're going to have to play GOOD baseball to land a postseason spot.

We won't be able to trickle in by playing .500 or .480.

Damn.

This team messed up with playing like crap over the last month. We had a big lead, and decided to choke.

Now we will have to play great ball for the rest of the year hopefully to get in. The division is done. The only way we win is if either Detroit just chokes, or they play 500 and we play 800 ball.

QUOTE(TitoMB345 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:30 PM)
Hawk and DJ talking like the game is over... is it?

This game was over the minute Freddy decided to light up the gun with his medicore fastball. If a crappy hitting team can light up Freddy what will the Yanks do. Oh wait we already know the answer to that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:31 AM)
This game was over the minute Freddy decided to light up the gun with his medicore fastball. If a crappy hitting team can light up Freddy what will the Yanks do. Oh wait we already know the answer to that.

He's going to be facing the Yanks and Tigers next week at the Cell..... :bringit :P

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:31 PM)

Freddy did pitch well today. Teahen actually was out in frount of that ball, but the wind worked to his advantage. And even that pitch wasn't bad at all. Might have been a different ballgame from that or Pods horrendous D costing us another run.

QUOTE(SoxAce @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:36 AM)
Freddy did pitch well today. Teahen actually was out in frount of that ball, but the wind worked to his advantage. And even that pitch wasn't bad at all. Might have been a different ballgame from that or Pods horrendous D costing us another run.

He gave up 5 runs, 4 earned in 6.1 innings. If that's pitching well, then we might as well quit playing the rest of the season.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 3, 2006 -> 03:35 AM)
Good. Let's see what happens.

I'm actually thrilled we have this tough stretch coming up (as long as PK/Thome are healthy). This team is going to have to beat the top teams if they want to make the postseason.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 2, 2006 -> 10:38 PM)
He gave up 5 runs, 4 earned in 6.1 innings. If that's pitching well, then we might as well quit playing the rest of the season.

Better than he usually does actually. If 4 earned runs ain't making progress from his usual 6-8 earned a game then we should have been already looking to 07. And I really know you didn't watch the game today, since you don't have a clue how those runs came about.