8/12 @ 1:05 PM Game Thread

GoRowand33

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:42 PM)
And with your philopshy we'd be s*** up a creek anytime we ran into a good pitcher.

You are right, let keep stealing when we have not shown we can steal on I Rod all series. The problem here is that we are not so much facing a good pitcher as running ourselves out of innings.

QUOTE(Greg The Bull Luzinski @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:44 PM)
You are right, let keep stealing when we have not shown we can steal on I Rod all series. The problem here is that we are not so much facing a good pitcher as running ourselves out of innings.

Just like if we followed your philosphy Cintron wouldn't have pushed the envelope in the first inning and went for 3rd. Had that happened we wouldn't have scored a run that inning and who knows what could have happened.

Dye got picked off, he almost never does, s*** happens. BA running in that situation is text book baseball. If it doesn't work, oh well, you got Pods leading off the inning and thats what you want.

Of course they went down 1-2-3 the next inning but oh well.

QUOTE(sin city sox fan @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:43 PM)
I'm not fishing for anything....it just amazes me that this team is playing .600 and has a 2 game lead in the wild card....yet many posters continually say we are doomed for the season and not headed to the playoffs.

We are leading in this game and ready to sweep the division leading Tigers...it should be a time of positive energy and expectations.

This has been a great week, a great weekend, and a great game thus far for the White Sox.....can't everyone just be happy about it rather than forecasting doom?

where did i say we were doomed for the playoffs? why choose my post? i said THIS game felt bad. wow, melodramatic.

lol are you serious???

ok what is the definition for a cardinal rule then your all-knowingness?

i'm not saying watching the ball isn't important...obviously it is...but the way i was brought up playing baseball, watching the ball was just a REGULAR rule. CARDINAL rules being things that go unsaid...more strategy based, not fundamentals of baseball stuff.

QUOTE(GoRowand33 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:45 PM)
alright freddy, one more good inning then get the game to McCarthy

I'd rather see Macdougal, Thrornton, Jenks if he gets through this one unscathed

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 12:47 PM)
Why, Inge has helped Freddy twice.

Simple...Inge gets up = there's a baserunner. Maybe if there's 2 out I could put up with him facing him.

Cotts better face Granderson whatever inning he comes up.

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 02:46 PM)
where did i say we were doomed for the playoffs? why choose my post? i said THIS game felt bad. wow, melodramatic.

i'm not saying watching the ball isn't important...obviously it is...but the way i was brought up playing baseball, watching the ball was just a REGULAR rule. CARDINAL rules being things that go unsaid...more strategy based, not fundamentals of baseball stuff.

huh... ok. thanks.

i mean i always imagined that a cardinal rule was one that was more important than all the others, hence the use of the word cardinal.

guess i was wrong.