AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

Balta1701

So these are the White Sox we've waited for all year? Better late than never. This was an absolutely flaweless series against the best team (record wise) in baseball. Pitching, defense, clutch hitting -- all superb. For all the crap Freddy has gotten this year (some of it deserved), he's been pretty good of late. He was locating very well today -- especially after the Casey double. I guess he can get by with his average fastball as long as he locates.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For all the crap Freddy has gotten this year (some of it deserved), he's been pretty good of late.

Garcia has a better outing than Buehrle, yet I guarantee when he gives up his next first inning run, people are going to be screaming for him to be pulled or hoping he breaks his ankle.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 13, 2006 -> 06:28 PM)
Garcia has a better outing than Buehrle, yet I guarantee when he gives up his next first inning run, people are going to be screaming for him to be pulled or hoping he breaks his ankle.

Garcia gave up 3 runs in 7 innings, and got hit around pretty hard in the first few. Buehrle gave up 3 runs in 6 innings, and only got hit around pretty hard at the end...but wouldn't have given up most of those runs at all had the defense turned a DP.

I'd say they both did decent. Garcia was pretty darn wobbly early in the game.

Hey you guys... congratulations on a well-earned sweep. I know that the trash-talking takes place elsewhere, but this Tigers fan would like to give as much credit as possible to a Sox team that hunkered down and was able to take care of business and take some well-earned games from the Tigers.

It is only halfway through August, and anything can happen. I'm still rooting for the Tigers to get to the playoffs, but I must admit that the Sox make me that much more nervous. Especially with another seven (?) games left.

Keep the faith, you guys! You know what your Sox team can do. While they may slump at times, this lineup always has the potential to be dynamic and the rotation may have bad outings but they're still good and pretty consistent with that.

Good luck, and let's both shut out the AL East from the playoffs, eh?

QUOTE(Zoogz @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 08:24 AM)
Hey you guys... congratulations on a well-earned sweep. I know that the trash-talking takes place elsewhere, but this Tigers fan would like to give as much credit as possible to a Sox team that hunkered down and was able to take care of business and take some well-earned games from the Tigers.

It is only halfway through August, and anything can happen. I'm still rooting for the Tigers to get to the playoffs, but I must admit that the Sox make me that much more nervous. Especially with another seven (?) games left.

Keep the faith, you guys! You know what your Sox team can do. While they may slump at times, this lineup always has the potential to be dynamic and the rotation may have bad outings but they're still good and pretty consistent with that.

Classy. :cheers

QUOTE(Zoogz @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 07:24 AM)

Hey!! Well said....and the AL East will be shut out....oh it will be indeed. ESPN will never be the same.