Official Game Thread 8/16 - KC vs Sox 7:05

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the way he played the game. His intensity & desire - he is lacking in many areas (so-so average, poor obp, not much power) but he brings great intangibles - which could be an asset to this team.

So to be more clear - I feel we need more desire & intensity, not AROW.

But if I give you more to b**** about (as if you need it), then that's fine by me.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 08:43 PM)
Leadoff man gets on and we aren't going to even advance him against a fuc king scrub ass pitcher. Great.

Dip your back shoulder, extend your arms, turn and burn. Lift the ball up high in the air, and let the magic of the cell take over.

The hitters guide to whitesox baseball post ASB.

QUOTE(SoxnGiants @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:43 AM)
I was referring to the way he played the game. His intensity & desire - he is lacking in many areas (so-so average, poor obp, not much power) but he brings great intangibles - which could be an asset to this team.

So to be more clear - I feel we need more desire & intensity, not AROW.

But if I give you more to b**** about (as if you need it), then that's fine by me.

It just bugs me how people think Thome is this so-so clubhouse guy, but Rowand was the king of the clubhouse. Maybe more people should review the player surveys that say how Thome is one of the 3 best clubhouse guys in all of baseball.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 16, 2006 -> 06:47 PM)
Well...that was a perfect example of what's wrong with this team. Our speed guy can't score from first with 2 outs on a double. Meanwhile, some of our other hitters look physically and mentall fatigued.

Crede and AJ need to take tomorrow off. Stick Cintron at 3rd and Alomar behind the dish tomorrow

Contreras is still in the game? Maybe these guys wouldn't be so fatigued if we found a way to not make them throw 100+ pitches every game.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 17, 2006 -> 01:48 AM)
Crede and AJ need to take tomorrow off. Stick Cintron at 3rd and Alomar behind the dish tomorrow

Crede demolished Odalis last time we played KC. We need to play our normal lineup with Sandy behind the plate.

Well that was horrible.

So let me get this straight. We get different players every year. New blood. Yet we see the same offensive attack. Carlos Lee swung for the fences in 2004 ignoring RISP and going for personal glory. Here we are in 2006 and its the same thing. Beat up on a team one night, then struggle to scratch a run across. Maybe we need to stop teaching the pull and lift method.

Let's face it; we couldn't get up for the Royals after pounding Detroit.

That's what happens when you fall 10 back.

It's impossible to make up such a deficit. Too many highs and lows.

Let's just hope we can win enough for the wild card.

It is a joke we can't beat up on Kansas City.

No excuses. Just pathetic.