White Sox @ Tigers, 7:05pm CT

NorthSideSox72

This site welcomes intelligent fans, and the comment you made earlier that cause Tony's response sends a strong message that you aren't much a baseball fan.

it's obvious that AJ is confused with ozzie. you can hear it in his comments when he does interviews and they ask him questions. when the sox won't get bunts down and won't move the man over, that is a sign that they don't want to do the little things. just because one does not agree that everything is rosey, please don't say they aren't much of a baseball fan. im done with this subject

• Replies 615
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:17 PM)
I still can't believe we didn't try to actually "upgrade" our 2nd catcher position, especially considering how many tough lefties we have to face.

KW went out of his way to say getting Sandy was the coaching staff's idea. I think in a way he threw them under a bus, because I'm sure he knew as many knew that Sandy's .323 average with LA was an illusion, and he would hit closer to .123 than .323 with the Sox, while adding nothing defensively. I think I sarcastically predicted he would hit .130 with the Sox. His .136 average may make some ask me who I think is going to win the Super Bowl.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
steve stone thinks freddys toast

toasted?

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:21 AM)
Meh. Like Steve Stone knows anything about baseball.

It's my personal belief that if the Sox had a bad season in 2005, he would have been the new GM of the Sox.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I still can't believe we didn't try to actually "upgrade" our 2nd catcher position, especially considering how many tough lefties we have to face.

To be fair, there weren't too many options. JAvy Lopez has been terrible with the blow sox and apparently the Cubs held on to Blanco (who looked good against lefty Moyer last night) to help their young pitchers or possibly bringing him back next year.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:21 PM)
steve stone thinks freddys toast

Steve Stone is a wise man. I have the feeling KW is going to regret not getting a nice package for Freddy. I think the market for him is going to dry up this off season unless he finds something his last few starts. That's very doubtful.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
i really hope the cardinals dont make the playoffs

Mark Mulder picking up where he left off. I'd love to see the Reds win the division, and the Phils to win the WC. I'll gladly root for the Reds and Griffey Jr. to win the WS if we're not in it.

Edited by fathom

Steve Stone is a wise man. I have the feeling KW is going to regret not getting a nice package for Freddy. I think the market for him is going to dry up this off season unless he finds something his last few starts. That's very doubtful.

my opinion on stone is that he's be great in the dugout. as far as being an evaluator of talent, there is nothing that points in that direction. but i'm sure he could manage the game with no problem

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:24 PM)
my opinion on stone is that he's be great in the dugout. as far as being an evaluator of talent, there is nothing that points in that direction. but i'm sure he could manage the game with no problem

So you're saying he can't evaluate talent, but you think he would be a good manager?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 23, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
I hate Dave Duncan and Tony LaRussa. I am one White Sox fan who thought it was worth having Hawk as a GM to get rid of those 2. I also think Hawk made a couple of decent moves.

I disagree with the last part, but Tony LaRussa sucks. I'm glad he's gone, if he had a clue as a manager he'd have 4 or 5 rings instead of 1. No manager outside of Yankee ones has ever had as much talent as him, and he always screws it up.