**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:17 PM)
I've gained some confidence in Freddy as of late, especially because with his loss in velocity he's developed a superior changeup. So if he could find that extra 3 MPH he could come back more dominate than ever.

I wouldn't have any problem moving Jose because I think someone would give up stuff as if they were getting an ace and they may very well be. I even wouldn't have a problem moving Buehrle if the right offer came along because we are going to be due to pay him a huge chunk a year from than. That said I don't see why Buehrle couldn't turn things around.

Javy is just all over the place so who knows, we'll see what happens but it may determine things.

The more I think about it the more I don't think I'd be stunned if nearly our entire rotation stuck around, that said I wouldn't be stunned if we changed 3 starters either.

I would like to see 2 pitchers turnover. I would like to see Buehrle, Garland, and Contreras back, with McCarthy in the rotation, and Vazquez, Garcia, Podsednik and Fields used to try to fill in the 1 bullpen spot, 1 additional starting pitching slot, and Left Field.

I think the odds are that Buehrle, Garland, and Contreras are guys that next year, you'll still want on your pitching staff.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:20 PM)
Sandy....for big power hitters, please stop calling for fastballs down the f***ing plate.

I doubt he or AJ are calling for pitches down the middle.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:18 PM)
I agree with you about Contreras and Garland. I think they'll be solid next year. But Buehrle? He has to perform at the end of the year for me to confident he can be good again next year. I don't believe anyone can assume he'll automatically return to his pre-2006 form next season.

Mark Buehrle is not like Garcia in that he hasn't lost much in the way of velocity. He just hasn't had his usual bite on his pitchers. He's still just as smart of a pitcher as the guy we had last year, he was even pretty darn good at the start of this year, but he went through a real rough period starting with that Cubs game, and neither Cooper nor Ozzie did anything to help him get out of it.

Before that game with the Cubs, Mark's ERA was still down around 3.2. He still has it in him, he just hasn't gotten a good groove at all this season.