**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:58 PM)
Hmmm, St. Louis Rams vs. Kansas City Chiefs or Tampa Bay Bucs vs. Jacksonville Jaguars? I'm leaning towards the Rams/Chiefs, any other opionions on what I should start watching here?

My fiance already stopped watching and put on Bridezillas.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
We would have been a much better team with the same pieces of last year.

All the additions have been s***.

McDougal, Riske, Mack, the list goes on.

I'm going to be very blunt here...

What the f*** are you talking about

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 06:59 PM)
Tony what I'm saying is Anderson sucks, also.

No we wouldn't. Our pitching would still blow ass.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:59 PM)
Tony what I'm saying is Anderson sucks, also.

I think the Thome addition worked pretty darn well. And Anderson got off to a terrible start with the bat, but saying "Anderson sucks" is simply wrong, and 2 years from now, when he's regarded as one of the best CF's in baseball, you'll see what we mean.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:00 AM)
The question is where is our pitching going to come from next year? Since it's so great (as I remember reading that blog quote) that we have these guys signed through 2007/2008.

My hope is we trade Garcia. I'll take my chances next year with the starting 4 and McCarthy. I honestly feel like we have to improve our offense more than our pitching for next season.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:01 AM)
I think the Thome addition worked pretty darn well. And Anderson got off to a terrible start with the bat, but saying "Anderson sucks" is simply wrong, and 2 years from now, when he's regarded as one of the best CF's in baseball, you'll see what we mean.

The funny thing is that Anderson't hot stretch almost coincides with this team struggling. Brian Anderson isn't the reason for this team being in the position that it is. I cringe at the thought of how much higher the ERAs would be if he wasn't out there.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:02 PM)
mods, please please delete board

you'd think that every poster in this thread was the type to give up a pick up basketball game five minutes into it and go home crying to their mothers because they were down a few points

jesus christ

I would give up on a basketball game if I was down 6-0 to Kobe Bryant...

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 04:56 PM)
Why do we suddenly stink? Minnie must love kicking our ass so much.

This is on KW, not Ozzie. He's the one who signed Mack and counted on BA and his spiffy

.220 batting average instead of Rowand.

Greg, look at the stats. Rowand has done nothing in Philly and he doesn't even hold BA's jock strap defensively. Offensively Rowand has also been worse the past two months.

This isn't on Kenny, albeit he should have gotten us an extra outfielder that could play CF. However, there is no reason to not play the best defensive cfer in baseball (statistically speaking) damn near every day (and that person is Brian Anderson).

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 08:02 PM)

you'd think that every poster in this thread was the type to give up a pick up basketball game five minutes into it and go home crying to their mothers because they were down a few points

jesus christ

Oh, you must have missed the part where Johan f***ing Santana is starting for the Twins.

Just incase, thats Johan f***ing Santana.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:00 PM)
The question is where is our pitching going to come from next year? Since it's so great (as I remember reading that blog quote) that we have these guys signed through 2007/2008.

Here's the other side of the token...Mark Buehrle, Jon Garland, and Jose Contreras are all significantly better than the numbers they've put up this season. Vastly better. We've seen Garland and Conteras both go through really rough stretches that have hurt their numbers for the season, and we've seen Buehrle be terrible for about 2 months.

But these guys are NOT pitchers who put up ERA's between 4.5-5.0. Jon Garland had a terrible start to the season...is there any reason to think that he is guaranteed to have another bad 1st half next year? No. Mark Buehrle can throw up an ERA around 3 for a season, is there any rational reason to believe that he'll put up 5's the rest of his career? I don't think so.

At some point, these guys' numbers are going to even out. This season has been so bad for them, that you just have to think they have some good pitching left in them.

QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Aug 27, 2006 -> 12:02 AM)

jesus christ

Good grief...we saw you the first time that you stated this today.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:03 PM)
I would give up on a basketball game if I was down 6-0 to Kobe Bryant...

It's funny how you are not a professional basketball player and thus this analogy is thorougly ludicrous

I totally forgot that Santana has never lost a game in his career