**8/26 Game Thread! SOX vs. twins

Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
Anderson has been hitting well. Ozzie has to get him to hit poorly so he can always use him as an example when teams accuse the Sox of cheating. Playing him infrequently will do that. That said, I really think Mack has a better chance off Santana, but its not worth the defensive downgrade especially with Pablo or Pods in LF.

I'd agree with this. I also agree with your last line however, I'm just so sick of watching Mack cost us runs in an unnatural position for him. It's just beyond dumb to not have BA out there almost every game especially facing the Twins, this is just ridiculous.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:16 PM)
I hate our manager. If Anderson isn't injured, then Ozzie deserves to be fired.

Can't wait for this day.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:19 PM)
Ozuna, LF

Iguchi, 2B

Dye, RF

PK, DH

Crede, 3B

Gload, 1B

Uribe, SS

Mack, CF

Alomar, C

Jose on the mound

Well...that looks like a losing lineup.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:21 PM)
Can't wait for this day.

Is this sarcasm?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
MACK IN CF?!?!?!?!

I'm not even going to rip Ozzie, the actions speaking louder than any of my words can.

With Jerry Owens' cryptic comments on WSCR this morning it makes one wonder if something is going on with Anderson.

Anyway, I wish the reason was Ozzie finally realized that lefties hit Santana better than righties and it also breaks up his rhythm---but with Alomar starting, that blows that theory.

Btw, Anderson had the best at bats against Johan outside of Thome's HR at the game I went to, and he also had 3 good at bats and a hit against him last weeekend. But yeah, Rob has a great shot, after all he kills lefties. At least we have our best defender in there at CF though.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:20 PM)
MACK IN CF?!?!?!?!

I'm not even going to rip Ozzie, the actions speaking louder than any of my words can.

Wait. Isn't Anderson one of the few guys who had good swings against Santana on Sunday?

If Ozzie wants to get Mack into the lineup, DH him and bench Gload.

Do you think that, just maybe, the PLAYERS are starting to question Ozzie's use of Anderson and McCarthy? I mean, I have little idea of the plan here.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)
Btw, Anderson had the best at bats against Johan outside of Thome's HR at the game I went to, and he also had 3 good at bats and a hit against him last weeekend. But yeah, Rob has a great shot, after all he kills lefties. At least we have our best defender in there at CF though.

What you said. Wow.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)

Lefties hit Santana at a .263 clip. Righties bat .211. It could be a little skewed, because most lefties that hit against him are front line guys, but you do take his change-up away.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
No sir, it is not. I'm sick of him.

It doesn't appear like Ozzie's act will be a very long running one, but unless he does something so stupid there is no other choice, he won't get canned. I think he will quit sooner than most think. Maybe then his sons will go out and get jobs.

Rob hitting .233 against lefties btw. Pablo in LF I can live with since he went 1 for 3 against Santana in each of our last 2 games against him, but Rob in CF is mind boggling. I mean Jesus, DH him and put Paulie at 1B if you want Rob in the lineup that bad.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 05:26 PM)
No sir, it is not. I'm sick of him.

:cheers :cheers

Lol, Mackowiak is in CF? Ozzie surely just put the wrong name in...........................

I swear to god, he better be kidding. At this point, I almost hope Rob breaks his ankle in the pre-game, and BA plays. Sure, it may be evil, but I hope ith appens.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 07:40 PM)
What happens first tonight: Sox runner is thrown out at home, or we see Neal Cotts in the game to face Morneau/Mauer?

I'll put 50 on Cotts facing Morneau/Mauer