Brian

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Walkers solution for Santana

Just pitch a shutout. Pretty much he has given up on scoring a lot of runs on him. We can put up runs against the best closers in the league, the best pitchers in the league, but our management has just given up on cracking Johan. Nice, maybe we can bring Charlotte up and see if they can beat him. Johan is good, but he is not a god. He can be beat. If the Royals and their offense can put a 4 spot up on him we can.

This game is huge. If we can take one away from Santana, it could be a nice spark to get them rolling against this Twins team.

I will be there tonight, hoping to god they give me a reason to go out and have a celebratory beer at the end of the game.....

BA WILL be in the lineup tonight...

I really like this talk from our captain:

"It's too early to start getting into do-or-die situations," team captain Paul Konerko said. "We've said it since April. Usually the division is not decided until the last week of the season, and if you're going after the wild card, that goes down to the last day.

"So regardless of what happens these three days, whether it's good or bad, it's not like we're rewarded with anything on Sunday or we're going to be eliminated from anything either."

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:18 AM)
Walkers solution for Santana

Just pitch a shutout. Pretty much he has given up on scoring a lot of runs on him. We can put up runs against the best closers in the league, the best pitchers in the league, but our management has just given up on cracking Johan. Nice, maybe we can bring Charlotte up and see if they can beat him. Johan is good, but he is not a god. He can be beat. If the Royals and their offense can put a 4 spot up on him we can.

I'm sure that we will do something differnt this time since our continued righty-stacked lineups have been completely ineffective against Johan.

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
Also, fellow out-of-towners, this is a WGNer.

Let's for the info. I hope Ken Harrellson yells, "You can put on the board" about 10 times.

We need to give them a solid beating. We're not out of the division title race yet as Detroit is going bad and if we can get things on track we can still win it.

QUOTE(AWhiteSoxinNJ @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:24 PM)
Take the low tonight for you gamblers.

My site has the O/U at 7, and all games started by Santana against the Sox have had at least 7 runs scored in them. Now, in the last 23 games started by Johan Santana, the Twins are 20-3 (.870). I'd parlay a Twins victory with the over, unless you're getting 8.5 or 9 runs.

I think a solid strategy tonight would be to get Santana's pitch count up early. The Twins went through 6 pitchers last night. I wanna see our starting 9 take a lot of pitches early. I would want Ozuna (.297 vs. Santana) in left, Cintron (.286 vs. Santana) at short and Anderson (hitting .293 since the All-Star break) in center. I want to see 10+ pitch at bats regardless of the results in the first three innings.

Edited by My Dixie Normus

QUOTE(Bonderman38 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 12:59 PM)
I'll watch this on Extra Innings, because I won't be able to stand "YOU CAN PUT IT ON THE BOARD! YES!!" even one more time.

Similar to how I can no longer stand announcers having orgasms in the booth about rally gum.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 11:36 AM)
What did he say that isnt true? If the Twins sweep, they havent won anything yet. If the Sox take 2 of 3, the Sox haven't one anything either.

I really dont see a problem...

It may be true but it seems to be a common theme when we play the Twins, they are always the more intense, focused team.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 26, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
It may be true but it seems to be a common theme when we play the Twins, they are always the more intense, focused team.

CHICAGO -- Ozzie Guillen gazed across the field and saw the enthusiastic Minnesota Twins all standing on the top of the dugout steps, watching and rooting.

"They showed up to kick our butts this weekend. They were pulling for each other. Those kids are pesky. If we don't wake up, they will sweep us," Guillen said after Minnesota rallied for a 5-4 win Friday night.