GAME THREAD: Devil Rays @ Sox, 7:05pm

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 08:22 PM)
Tampa Bay's been holding up the white flag since about inning 3. Problem is we can't figure out which way to aim the cannon.

They've handed this game to the Sox every which way, but the Sox want nothing to do with it. Baserunners in every inning from the 4th on. Ozzie should pinch hit Pods and Gooch when they come up.

• Replies 791
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(G&T @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
Wasn't he a roider?

2 of them in bullpens in our division. Juan "Steroids" Rincon and Rafael "Steroids" Betancourt.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:27 PM)
We take the first ball right down the middle, and then swing at s***.

Ozzie is trying to get Jon the win instead of the team.

Garland has only thrown 93 pitches, and you and I both know God Kills a Kitten if you take a pitcher out before he throws 100 pitches.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:28 AM)
I have been impressed with Jon tonight. After the 1st, everyone, including him, knew he didnt have anything. However, with that, he made the adjustments he needed to, and battled.

Personally, I think Tampa has "just missed" quite a few pitches that would have knocked him out around the 5th. And yes, it was impressive by Garland to only hold them to 4.

i know we have left a bazillion on tonight, but i can live with that...you are only going to have 3 hits in 10 ABs with 2 outsRISP....whats unacceptable is the fact that if we actually execute 2 sac flies, this game is tied

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 07:31 PM)
Why is Juan batting? We have some good lefties on the bench.

You know...that's a real good question. The one time in this game where I'd agree with going righty-lefty...

How much you want to bet Mack PH's for Anderson.

QUOTE(cgaudin @ Aug 30, 2006 -> 09:32 PM)
Explain this to me...how in the high holy hell do the Royals stick it to the Twins in impressive fashion and we look like little leaguers when we play them. WTF!~

because sometimes you play like s*** and it has nothing to do with how good your opponent is

THE. TWINS. ARE. DONE.

pm to join the fanclub

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 31, 2006 -> 02:32 AM)
You know...that's a real good question. The one time in this game where I'd agree with going righty-lefty...

How much you want to bet Mack PH's for Anderson.

To be honest, I'd rather see Gload or Mackowiak for Anderson.