GAME THREAD: White @ Red

NorthSideSox72

Who is going to provide the solo dong tonight. My money is on Taz, he will corkscrew himself into the ground King for the rest of the night. But one profundo.

Hrniak fixed Uribe last year, then he came to ST and was back to being bad. Then old Greg said that the leg kick really didnt work, msut of been an illusion, and he was going to work on a new spread stance.

Well after a year of the spread stance, I want Hrniak back for a weekend refresher.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What is with all the home run hacks? Everyone going for it all, or nothing. Are we the fans the only ones who notice this? I know Greg Walker is the type of hitting coach where he lets his players do what they want, let them feel comfortable and all, but when a team is struggling like this, you have to make a few tweeks here or there.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:23 AM)
Who is going to provide the solo dong tonight. My money is on Taz, he will corkscrew himself into the ground King for the rest of the night. But one profundo.

Hrniak fixed Uribe last year, then he came to ST and was back to being bad. Then old Greg said that the leg kick really didnt work, msut of been an illusion, and he was going to work on a new spread stance.

Well after a year of the spread stance, I want Hrniak back for a weekend refresher.

He told Farmer he would hit a homer tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 05:23 PM)

The leg kick worked for exactly as long as the spread stance did...one month. Then Uribe got back into his bad habits of swinging at everything.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:24 AM)
For me, he has turned out to be one of the most frustrating things about the 2nd half. He is right up at the top for me. He is disgusting to watch.

Yep, he went from my MVP for the last season and a half to a liability. His approach at the plate is pathetic, and his pitch selection is awful.

This is a f***ing joke. Greg Walker should be fired immediatly after this game.

This isn't the Twins or Detroit. We are getting dominated by the Red Sox. Their pitching has been just as bad if not WORSE than ours.

I'm so glad I can't watch this s***.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:23 PM)
You are soooo off base.

If you see your manager is uncomfortable playing an underachieving rookie, and instead plays a s***ty defensive backup at CF, then it's your job to get him a good backup CF.

If you see your team is lacking a right-handed hitting backup OF, then you better get your team a good back-up OF.

If you see you have a better starting pitcher rotting away on the bench, then you better own up on an off-season mistake and trade one of your s***ty pitcher and give the spot to the guy rotting away on your bench.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:27 AM)
We suck.

How can anyone look at this team and think "contender?" We have one f***ing hit against Kason Gabbard. That's not frustrating, that's laughable. This team should commit hari kari.

It's too bad we couldn't have extended Soriano.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:28 AM)
Kong thinks nothing is wrong. Until they are elminated they are still in it.

PK is a terrible captain. He's my favorite Sox player of all time, but his attitude sucks right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:26 PM)
This is absolutely pathetic baseball. I still can't FATHOM how we manage to play so many s***ty guys, yet Gload can't find a way into the lineup. He's about the only one giving consistent tough at-bats.

pierzynski is as much to blame as any player....hes been horrific in the second half