NorthSideSox72

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)
Listening to the radio, you could predict the PK DP coming a mile away. It's funny, but I was always taught that if you're on 3rd base, you should be running home on contact on any ball hit on the infield.

not if hit directly to the third baseman, Pablo would have been out by a mile 99% of the time.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:10 PM)
Listening to the radio, you could predict the PK DP coming a mile away. It's funny, but I was always taught that if you're on 3rd base, you should be running home on contact on any ball hit on the infield.

Every time the Sox do that, they get thrown out at home. This time they don't do it and, of course, there's and error.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:10 PM)

All he needed to do, was to hit that ball for a single up the middle or to right field. But its just another case of the pull monkey being a pull monkey. He couldnt resist the breaking pitch on the outside corner. It screamed hit me hard, put me over the wall, circle the bases. Its not really his fault.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:13 AM)
Konerko sucked, but Crede could have easily gotten a run home that inning. Greg Walker should be fired.

I don't understand why we moved Crede into the 3rd spot. If Dye is out, then just move Thome back into the 3 spot, PK 4th, and Crede 5th. Of course, this is another game where our lack of a back-up righty outfielder is killing us.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 08:14 PM)
I don't understand why we moved Crede into the 3rd spot. If Dye is out, then just move Thome back into the 3 spot, PK 4th, and Crede 5th. Of course, this is another game where our lack of a back-up righty outfielder is killing us.

Crede's hitting .380 with RISP. I think Oz wants to get him a few more AB's with men on.

And Coco is hurting the Sox again.