GAME THREAD: White @ Red

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:34 PM)
62 pitches doesn't sound ridiculous to anyone else right now? Not only is this guy shutting us down, he's doing it easily and preventing us from getting into the Red Sox bullpen AND keeping them rested for tomorrow.

When you realize Tavarez had thrown 30 less pitches than Garland through 6 innings last night, you don't really get that surprised at anything.

QUOTE(Frankensteiner @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:33 PM)
I can take a player failing because they're not very good. I can't f***ing watch as Pierzynski completely changes his approach from what was succesful in the first half. How is he that f***ing stupid?

Although Pods is just as bad right now, I don't get anywhere as angry watching him.

Last year the player who did that was named Aaron Rowand, who was hitting well for average and then at San Diego said that he was working on a new power stroke. Then pretty much was useless for most of the 2nd half. Hitting .245 in August and .235 in September.

Carlos Lee was a doubles machine the year before. He was dominant raising his average 70 points over a long hitting streak. Then he decided to work over his swing to get more power. We then witnessed Carlos striking out and doing his best corpseball impersonation trying to hit dongs when we needed a single. I still love the doubles that Carlos hit off the wall, that he throught was a dong, then only to get tossed out by a mile at 2nd trying to hustle in after he posed

Year after year we have guys with successful approaches, then a "power" element is added to their game and they become worthless in the second half with men on.