GAME THREAD: White @ Red

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
how come every other team in the majors can find out how to hit this lefty, but he becomes cy young against us?

Most major league teams are not pull monkey softball teams like ours. They have a few guys with a noticible dip in their back shoulder, we have the whole team doing this. Watch the twinks, you get 2 strikes on them, they look to go back up the middle and to right. It allows them to put contact on the ball, and not do too much with it. We swing like its 3-1 and no one is on base and K.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 12:29 AM)
It's hard for even the most optimistic to say yes. Im sure a few do, but your going to be hard pressed to convince me.

One thing I will say, this is a playoff team. They just haven't acted like it since July.

Well, I still point to Cora sending Iguchi home against Runelvys in a tie game about 3 weeks ago as the turning point of the season. We had won 5 in a row, and had our swagger back. Immediately after that terrible decision by Cora, Vazquez had his meltdown, and we have sucked since then.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 5, 2006 -> 07:29 PM)
pierzynski is as much to blame as any player....hes been horrific in the second half

I can take a player failing because they're not very good. I can't f***ing watch as Pierzynski completely changes his approach from what was succesful in the first half. How is he that f***ing stupid?

Although Pods is just as bad right now, I don't get anywhere as angry watching him.