Buerhle Headed Back To Chicago

Chisox_fan

Mark Buehrle also felt a bit of back soreness prior to Monday's game and then felt something once again during his side session. On Tuesday, Buehrle was sent back to Chicago for precautionary measures, but according to White Sox athletic trainer Herm Schneider, Buehrle checked out fine.

"It's just basic stuff, normal wear and tear," said Schneider of Buehrle. "He was going home early anyway, so I was just getting him checked out. But it's nothing."

Buehrle will stay on schedule to start Thursday's series opener against Cleveland and Cliff Lee

Makes me a little nervous..

Source

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 01:06 PM)
So now we are slowly seeing the injuries creep out of this team... It explains a lot. Just watching the team over the last few months I think a lot of guys have been playing through a lot of pain, and it is just now seeing the light of day with the media.

^^^^^

No, Ozzie just sucks and mishandles EVERYONE on the team.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:08 AM)
^^^^^

No, Ozzie just sucks and mishandles EVERYONE on the team.

:huh :huh

Ozzie has still done an epic bad job this season, however if we were healthy we'd still probably make the playoffs. That doesn't change anything about Ozzie though, he's failed miserably at doing his biggest job, which is put players and the team in the best position to succeed, but is a testament to the job KW did once again. I won't go on though, I know with the Ozzie lovers that if we don't hit, it's not his fault, and if we don't pitch, it's not his fault. His only job is to get the players to play hard and play "Ozzieball!!" This tight clubhouse, tight team, and general lack of balls is nothing he can control, of course. He did his job last year, and should be manager for life.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:36 AM)
:huh :huh

Ozzie has still done an epic bad job this season, however if we were healthy we'd still probably make the playoffs. That doesn't change anything about Ozzie though, he's failed miserably at doing his biggest job, which is put players and the team in the best position to succeed, but is a testament to the job KW did once again. I won't go on though, I know with the Ozzie lovers that if we don't hit, it's not his fault, and if we don't pitch, it's not his fault. His only job is to get the players to play hard and play "Ozzieball!!" This tight clubhouse, tight team, and general lack of balls is nothing he can control, of course. He did his job last year, and should be manager for life.

You are so full of crap. Every time he puts a player in any position this year, the player has failed. We are lucky, with this pitching staff, that we are even close to being in the playoffs. If we had Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington would that make you happy? Ozzie is probably the best manager we have had in 50 years, and the only one you have seen bring us a World Series ring. BUt you are right, it is his fault that every changeup our staff throws gets rocked, that Paulie hit into 2 double plays last night. We are lucky to have Ozzie as our manager, without him we would never be considered one of the elite teams in the league like we are now.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:40 PM)
We are lucky to have Ozzie as our manager, without him we would never be considered one of the elite teams in the league like we are now.

The reason we're close to being an elite team is due to our 3-4-5 this season. You put those guys on any team in baseball, and they're going to be strong.

As for the injuries, it's not surprising. Even if a player says he's feeling ok, I think the human eye can see that some of these guys aren't even close to 100 pct (Garcia, Contreras, Thome, Pods?).

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 09:49 AM)
The reason we're close to being an elite team is due to our 3-4-5 this season. You put those guys on any team in baseball, and they're going to be strong.

As for the injuries, it's not surprising. Even if a player says he's feeling ok, I think the human eye can see that some of these guys aren't even close to 100 pct (Garcia, Contreras, Thome, Pods?).

Yes, you are right, we have never had a 3,4,5 combo like this, ever. We are an elite team because Ozzie is our manager, and because he won the big one for us last year. We have had offense like this before, and ridiculously underachieving teams as well. We are in the toughest division in baseball, and still are in the playoff hunt.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 09:40 AM)
You are so full of crap. Every time he puts a player in any position this year, the player has failed. We are lucky, with this pitching staff, that we are even close to being in the playoffs. If we had Jerry Manuel or Terry Bevington would that make you happy? Ozzie is probably the best manager we have had in 50 years, and the only one you have seen bring us a World Series ring. BUt you are right, it is his fault that every changeup our staff throws gets rocked, that Paulie hit into 2 double plays last night. We are lucky to have Ozzie as our manager, without him we would never be considered one of the elite teams in the league like we are now.

I just wish you guys would come up with a new argument. It's not his fault the pitching is bad, or that the hitting is bad when it is, and he brought us a championship. Nobody is naive enough to buy that crap anymore, and I wish a new defense of Ozzie would show up.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 02:55 PM)
Yes, you are right, we have never had a 3,4,5 combo like this, ever. We are an elite team because Ozzie is our manager, and because he won the big one for us last year. We have had offense like this before, and ridiculously underachieving teams as well. We are in the toughest division in baseball, and still are in the playoff hunt.

Weren't we usually in the playoff hunt still when we had our great 3-4-5 hitters in the past? As of right now, this year's team is far too similar to previous Sox teams where their 200+ homer hitting teams just can't manufacture runs when the power is gone.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:03 AM)
I just wish you guys would come up with a new argument. It's not his fault the pitching is bad, or that the hitting is bad when it is, and he brought us a championship. Nobody is naive enough to buy that crap anymore, and I wish a new defense of Ozzie would show up.

I wish a REAL ciriticism of Ozzie would show up. The pitching sucks, the players cant hit in the clutch, its obviously the manager's fault!!!!! Oh how spoiled you all have become, longing for the days of Jerry Manuel.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:05 AM)
I wish a REAL ciriticism of Ozzie would show up. The pitching sucks, the players cant hit in the clutch, its obviously the manager's fault!!!!! Oh how spoiled you all have become, longing for the days of Jerry Manuel.

Ozzie Guillen has yet to put his players in the best position to do well all year, at all. It's not his fault the team has underachieved, but if he managed his talent better we'd be several games better, and that's a blaringly obvious thing to people who watch the games. And are you happy with Ozzie throwing younger guys under the bus, while saying that our career minor league former LF'er is just "trying too hard"?

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)

Ok:

- His team shows no intensity. Jerry Manuel was fired for this.

- He leaves his starters in too long, which not only has led to higher ERAs for his starters, but it hasn't helped them with their fatigue this season.

- He keeps playing Scott Podsednik, even though there are other alternatives.

- He continues to put Mackowiak in CF, even though Mackowiak himself says he sucks out there.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Ok:

- He leaves his starters in too long, which not only has led to higher ERAs for his starters, but it hasn't helped them with their fatigue this season.

- He continues to put Mackowiak in CF, even though Mackowiak himself says he sucks out there.

That one is the worst of his sins all year IMO. Keeping starters in to "rest the pen" and try and get his boys in the rotation more wins has cost us games due to them blowing up, as well as made them even more tired. A lot of points on Ozzie can be argued either way, but that isn't one of them.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:11 PM)
That one is the worst of his sins all year IMO. Keeping starters in to "rest the pen" and try and get his boys in the rotation more wins has cost us games due to them blowing up, as well as made them even more tired. A lot of points on Ozzie can be argued either way, but that isn't one of them.

It's astonishing how many 6 inning, 3 earned run starts have turned into 6.1 innings, 5 earned runs this season.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 03:05 PM)

Rock...I'll ask you this, since you've been around long enough to remember more good/bad Sox times than a lot of us. Do you believe that Ozzie Guillen is doing a good job managing this team this season?

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 08:03 AM)

Well, it ISN'T Ozzie's fault that the starting pitching is crap. Nor is it Ozzie's fault that Freddy struggles to hit 90 on the radar gun now. Nor is it Ozzie's fault that Thome, Dye, Jenks, Buehrle, and (possibly) Contreras have been playing through injuries recently.

I'm really glad that you're not Kenny Williams, because you obviously don't know how to evaluate managers.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 6, 2006 -> 10:10 AM)
Ok:

This team is nowhere close to the divided, lazy team that Jerry managed. Jerry wouldnt even openly tell his players what they were doing wrong.

His starters have higher ERA's because they havent pitched well. Should he take all of them out after the 3rd inning? Freddy is done, Garland has turned it around because of Ozzie placing confidence in him, including taking him out early some games, and leaving him in in others. IN fact his career turn around has come because of Ozzie leaving him in to work out his own problems.

Pods is a vet who has shown slumps can be turned around. If he is hurt, he hasnt let anyone know.

I agree wtih playing BA every day, that is the only real thing I think he has done wrong.