AND THIS BALLGAME IS OVA!!!!

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:06 AM)
Well thats too bad. You were a good poster in there. Kept things reasonable.

It's the million dollar question, and we just got a hint. Greasy is one of the legendary "good posters". :P

Milkman...it's like a faction in wrestling.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the game is over, will you consider that maybe Jenks should have been pulled prior to Sizemore's AB? As I'm sure you'll agree with me on, we need to get Jenks healthy ASAP.

I don't think he should have been pulled until they tied it.

He's our closer. He was deemed fit to pitch by our trainer.

All managers have a list of personnel deemed either fit to pitch or not.

What is so difficult to accept my position that we had a two run lead and we brought in our closer

to start the inning.

Our closer failed.

To understand your position better ... if Bobby was healthy do you agree he should have been allowed to

either get the save or blow the save, not be removed at any point just because he appeared to not have it?

I think it's safe to say ALL managers put in their closers with a 2 run lead or one run lead and it is the

closer's game.

So if Bobby is healthy do you agree he should be allowed to either get the save or blow it? YES OR NO?

If you are addressing the Jenks is hurt situation ...

can't you accept my position that if he's deemed fit to pitch by the trainer then

he is our closer and again, closers ALWAYS are allowed to finish the job. You don't yank a closer

until the game is tied? Again ... what manager does that?

I can understand you thinking Oz should pull him because he's hurt and ineffective. I disagree because

he obviously was cleared to pitch by our doctors.

That means he's Jenks and Jenks closes games for the White Sox.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:06 PM)
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...p&team=home

Eeeeriely similar to a certain game last year.

This doesn't feel like those games though. I assume you're referring to:

A) Pierzynski's walkoff against the Dodgers

B ) Crede's walkoff against the Indians

C) Both A and B

This feels more like "Thank god they saved this game" than "OH MY GOD THEY DID IT AGAIN!", if that makes any sense.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:10 AM)
What is so difficult to accept my position that we had a two run lead and we brought in our closer

to start the inning.

Our closer failed.

To understand your position better ... if Bobby was healthy do you agree he should have been allowed to

either get the save or blow the save, not be removed at any point just because he appeared to not have it.

I think it's safe to say ALL managers put in their closers with a 2 run lead or one run lead and it is the

closer's game.

So if Bobby is healthy do you agree he should be allowed to either get the save or blow it? YES OR NO?

I said in the game thread that if Jenks is 100 pct healthy, I want him on the mound before anyone else regardless of the situation or who's up. The thing is, Jenks isn't close to 100 pct., and I think everyone knows it. It's the same situation that Ozzie has had to face with Contreras. Just because a guy says he's not hurt, it doesn't mean he's healthy and feeling good.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:10 PM)

to start the inning.

Our closer failed.

either get the save or blow the save, not be removed at any point just because he appeared to not have it.

closer's game.

can't you accept my position that if he's deemed fit to pitch by the trainer then

he is our closer and again, closers ALWAYS are allowed to finish the job. You don't yank a closer

I can understand you thinking Oz should pull him because he's hurt and ineffective. I disagree because

You don't know how Bobby and his hip are going to react until you actually get him into a high adrenaline, late in game situation like tonight. After the very first pitch he threw it was obvious he was f***ed out there. If Ozzie really wanted to help out his cloer he would have saved him by yanking him right after that and not let him go through the iminent bombing.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:10 AM)
This is possibly the most excited I've been about a win all year simply because I didn't want to have to argue about Ozzie's 9th inning blunder. Ugh, thank you AJ.

Yep, I think we both said after the top of the 9th that a comeback would be just great so we don't have to have a 20 page thread about that situation.

Jenks needs to get healthy and get right. We have 2 other options that can closer out the 9th until his hip gets better. I am wondering when they will give him a cortisone shot. Thats the next step, so he can pitch free and clear.

Freddy pitched good enough to get the win.

Thornton saved our ass.

AJ won the game.

OK fathom, but why won't you address the situation of our medical staff

obviously saying he was able to pitch.

If he's deemed fit to pitch ... it now seems to me you want Ozzie to be

a mindreader and decide, 'Wait, I've been told he can pitch and is able to

close, but I truly feel he's hurt, so I better get him out of there.'

That's what I don't understand about your position.

It seems to me you wanted Ozzie to be a mindreader.

This is a team for a reason. Doctors clear players to play.

If he's not 100 percent he should not have been on tonight's available to

perform list, like Crede was not on the available to perform list.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
Yep, I think we both said after the top of the 9th that a comeback would be just great so we don't have to have a 20 page thread about that situation.

Haha, I'm 100% willing to let it go. I don't enjoy arguments about Ozzie's managing at all.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 12:10 AM)

to start the inning.

Our closer failed.

either get the save or blow the save, not be removed at any point just because he appeared to not have it?

closer's game.

I think the issues comes down to matchups. Sizemore is batting almost 130 pts higher against RHP. So once Jenks let up back to back doubles that were crushed, Ozzie could have brought in Thornton to face Sizemore, and hopefully salvage the game right there with a 1 run lead. Instead, Jenks gives up two more doubles, and the lead before they make the switch to Thornton. The big Lefty comes in and gets a DP and a K to end the threat.

I am just glad this is all a moot point, thanks AJ!

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 9, 2006 -> 04:15 AM)

If you have enough discomfort to require an MRI, I just can't imagine you're 100 pct healthy two/three days later. I have no issue with him going out there to start the 9th. However, once you see he's struggling again, you pull him before Sizemore comes up in a situation where he can decide the game.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:15 PM)

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:13 PM)
You don't know how Bobby and his hip are going to react until you actually get him into a high adrenaline, late in game situation like tonight. After the very first pitch he threw it was obvious he was f***ed out there. If Ozzie really wanted to help out his cloer he would have saved him by yanking him right after that and not let him go through the iminent bombing.

He was cleared, yes. But no one ever said he was 100% healthy, there was obviously something wrong with him since he had to fly back to Chicago, Ozzie needs to have a shortleash with him.

I am breathing a big sigh of relief right now! WTG A.J.!!! :headbang

It is obivous that Bobby Jenks isn't near 100% These guys are just competitors they will always say that can play even when they are hurt.

Ozzie I think is going to have to put Mac Dougal as the closer for a few games to give Bobby a chance to get rested since he hurting. Jose isn't himself either.

:gosox1:

Sizemore is batting almost 130 pts higher against RHP. So once Jenks let up back to back doubles that were crushed, Ozzie could have brought in Thornton to face Sizemore, and hopefully salvage the game right there with a 1 run lead.

I can understand your and fathom's position on wanting to cut the losses and have Thornton come in, but Jenks has

had outings where he's been ineffective and still sucked it up and gotten the save before.

My point is he's our closer and I wanted him to close and Oz did what all managers do.

They let their closers either get the save or blow it. They don't yank em for matchups.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:04 PM)
If Jenks is hurt then we are hurt big time. Our savior in the first half can't be missing during crunch time.

False!, we have MacDougal and Thornton, and i trust both of them with a frest start in a save situation.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:29 PM)
I can understand your and fathom's position on wanting to cut the losses and have Thornton come in, but Jenks has

had outings where he's been ineffective and still sucked it up and gotten the save before.

This game had extenuating circumstances in Jenks' hip injury. As far as I know Jenks has never gone into a game with a 2 run lead and an injury and come out on top.

I've never seen Jenks look as bad as he did tonight, that first cutter he tossed up there was just horrible, no power or bite to it at all. It was appearant from the beginning that Jenks was not going to be able to get anyone out, that's when you get someone in there who can you don't just leave him in there to lose the game because he's your closer.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:16 PM)
Nary a mention of Boone. Tsk tsk.

i said Boone!, hes the future, Cotts is the past, notice has been served.

QUOTE(Whitewashed in @ Sep 8, 2006 -> 11:35 PM)
Then whose going to set them up? We need Jenks. If he's gone for a few games okay, but hopefull for no extended period of time.

thats what im saying, give bobby a few days off and a shot, and hopefully he will be golden.