Gamethread: 9/12, Sox v. Angels

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 981
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Thome is going yard.

This really isn't related to the game thread, but I was thinking today that it seems like the really really huge home runs are all hit by left handed batters....

Is that just cause the biggest bombers are mostly lefties (ie bonds, howard, thome)? or is there some other reason for that?

I was think of it in the context of whether anyone could hit a homer into the fundamentals deck... It seems impossible for righties, but those bombs that leave SBC park or that one Howard hit to the third deck of citizens bank seem like they be closer than anything righties hit....

The swing for the fence method failed to score us a run in the first. Man on 2nd with less than 2 outs, Dye swings at a ball that was more like to hit him, and Thome does his out or dong routine.

A pitcher that is notorious for going away away away this year, and the Angels are taking him into right.

Walk must be shaking his head that the leadoff hitter didnt try and go yard. Go deep or go home is our motto.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 02:23 AM)
The swing for the fence method failed to score us a run in the first. Man on 2nd with less than 2 outs, Dye swings at a ball that was more like to hit him, and Thome does his out or dong routine.

Something I've never understood is why does Iguchi always swing when Pods is running? Most of the time, you see the #2 hitter take the pitch, and give the runner the chance to steal.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 12, 2006 -> 09:24 PM)
Something I've never understood is why does Iguchi always swing when Pods is running? Most of the time, you see the #2 hitter take the pitch, and give the runner the chance to steal.

Ask waving wendell over at third that is giving the signs. Or ask the other guy in the dugout who is constantly thinking that this is the NL.