Predict the date the Sox get eliminated

Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 08:55 AM)
October 28th when we beat the Mets in the World Series. Keep the faith people.

I like your spirit, but I must advise you that drugs aren't good for you............

I say the last game of the Cleveland series, which we will win, but Minnesota will also win but be 4 games up on us.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 10:55 AM)
October 28th when we beat the Mets in the World Series. Keep the faith people.

:drink

Here's hoping against hope.

I might not truly believe it, of course, but I don't think I'll get much pleasure from picking our elimination date either. Kind of like guessing which family member is going to get cancer, the entertainment value is limited for me.

QUOTE(S720 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 11:27 AM)
The hell with pessimism. I SECOND you on this. We WILL get ìnto the playoff. PERIOD.

Yes they will because they did it last year therefore they'll do it again this year. I mean this team has shown no consistency in the second half, have been shutdown by s***ty and good pitchers and have not been able to beat the bad teams or good teams for that matter.

It seems the Jenks is now bad atleast for the time being, MacDougal was nowhere to be found yesterday when he most definately should have been in the game so we have to think that he's hurt. Thornton is great, Cotts sucks, Riske is mediocre at best and McCarthy has been brutal of late so the Sox now have 1 reliable arm in the bullpen in Thornton.

The starting pitching has been better of late, of course Garcia still sucks and Buehrle is incredibly inconsistent so they do seem to have 3 solid starting pitchers going right now, so that's a positive.

Podsednik is possibly the worst player in baseball but continues to play nearly everyday in LF.

Iguchi looks tired though is still producing.

Jermaine has looked pretty brutal of late as well as tired.

Thome's power numbers have dipped though he's still getting on base.

Konerko is comming up with some hits but still has a knack for the clutch double play as seen last night.

Pierzynki is in all out homerun mode but at times has found himself cutting down on his swing with 2 strikes and going for a basehit instead, as for his defense, well he's been pretty disappointing this year with both pitch calling, transfering the from glove hand to throwing hand, blocking balls in the dirt and throwing out baserunners.

Crede is still awesome offensively and defense but has some major back concerns after another small flareup last night.

Rob Mackowiak, a top 3 worst defensively centerfielder continues to get starts out there despite being a lesser offensive and defensive option than his platoon mate since the break.

Juan Uribe has been just lazy in the field this year, is a pathetic baserunner and with his 0-3 night yesterday his OBP is now .259 only Angel Berroa is worse than Juan Uribe at getting on base amongst starting shortstops in all of baseball.

I'm not so sure where a lot of the optimism regarding this team is even comming from. The starting pitching comes around FINALLY so the bats and bullpen decide to suck, that does not instill much confidence.

I would like to believe the Sox still have a chance but in order for them to get in that would require a winning streak (three games or more) and I just do not see the Twins going on a losing streak they played their bad baseball in April so I don't want to hear that they will fade. This is Ozzie Guillen's third year and all that I have seen is his teams play better first half ball then second half ball, The Sox are in a must sweep situation against the Tigers next week

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
big difference between things being possible and things being highly unlikely.

Can't remember the last time this team won five in a row.

believe it has only won four straight once since the all-star break.

unless we get real hot, real quick, we'll be watching world series DVDs in three weeks.

No kidding, can we please get an 8 game winning streak like the numerous ones we had last year?

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 05:08 PM)

unless we get real hot, real quick, we'll be watching world series DVDs in three weeks.

I believe there last winning streak of five in a row was interleague play when most of the American League had five game or more winning streaks.

QUOTE(winninguglyin83 @ Sep 13, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)

Possibility is all I need.

Winning back to back championships was also highly unlikely, but everyone here was/is rooting for one. That's part of being a fan. So unlikely or not, I'm rooting to win it all and the math says there's still a chance at that. It might be more fun for some, to predict the date the Sox are eliminated, but I'll choose to cheer for them to win every game. To each their own.