Tigers V. Sox

MHizzle85

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well heres how i see this disaster. Yeah we wont make the playoffs. It sucks but im not that pissed off. We won the world series last year. That world series was like that really hot chick you've been going after for many many many years! You finally got her, and had one hell of a night with her if you know what im saying. She then says if you want to do this again you'll have to work very hard for it. Well you try and try to get her again, but fall just short of getting again. You then look in the mirror and say 'well at least i had that one night' and you can keep on playing that in your head and smile (hence the world series dvd). And who knows, maybe one day soon (not this year) you'll get that ultamate experience again ;)

See you guys in 2007.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 02:55 AM)
I just can't accept this. Even the '04 Cubs, a team that I thought was loaded, could play the injury card. What's this team's excuse?

We were outhustled, outmanaged, and outplayed by two teams in our division. Like you said, there's no injury excuse. We've been as healthy as any team I've ever seen. Just be grateful we capitalized last year on our good fortune, and won the WS.

Okay well heres how i see this disaster. Yeah we wont make the playoffs. It sucks but im not that pissed off. We won the world series last year. That world series was like that really hot chick you've been going after for many many many years! You finally got her, and had one hell of a night with her if you know what im saying. She then says if you want to do this again you'll have to work very hard for it. Well you try and try to get her again, but fall just short of getting again. You then look in the mirror and say 'well at least i had that one night' and you can keep on playing that in your head and smile (hence the world series dvd). And who knows, maybe one day soon (not this year) you'll get that ultamate experience again ;)

See you guys in 2007.

then you see the girl f***ING some other guy the next day

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:57 PM)
the sox downfall was not using their system. The twins and tigers have used their minor leagues to fill in holes and extert energy. BA, sweeney and now fields should have been used all alone over Mack, Ozuna, Pods etc.etc....

We did use it. It got us Thome, Javy and Macdougal.

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:56 PM)

See you guys in 2007.

Why can't you just lock her in the basement?

And you have to get control of "Mr. Expectations"? What the f*** does that mean?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
That would be sweet. Take Batting Practice Buerhle with him. Opponents hit the ball very hard against Buerhle these days. He's either hurt or washed up.

I think he's hurt, as he doesn't follow-thru well enough to keep his pitches down. Something that really kills these guys is that Ozzie never, ever takes them out proactively.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:00 PM)
That would be sweet. Take Batting Practice Buerhle with him. Opponents hit the ball very hard against Buerhle these days. He's either hurt or washed up.

I've been a Buehrle backer for years. I'll always love him. However, he's failed us miserably in the second half.

Entering next season, the White Sox should consider platooning Fields/Mack in LF if there's no fulltime substitutes to be found. Sweeney could serve as a possible relief option to Anderson/Dye.

It'd be a disservice, IMO, to hold Fields down in AAA. If we're not wiling to give him a spot on this team, package him in a trade.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 09:55 PM)
I just can't accept this. Even the '04 Cubs, a team that I thought was loaded, could play the injury card. What's this team's excuse?

Not really, they did the same thing we did, we had issues with TB, Cleveland, KC, etc. All they had to do to make the playoffs in 04 was beat NY and Pittsburgh (two worst teams in the league) and they couldn't do it

QUOTE(chisox72 @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:00 AM)
How much longer will Uribe prolong the inevitable here?

Mack will end our misery

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 19, 2006 -> 03:02 AM)
Entering next season, the White Sox should consider platooning Fields/Mack in LF if their's no fulltime substitutes to be found. Sweeney could serve as a possible relief option to Anderson/Dye.

It'd be a disservice, IMO, to hold Fields down in AAA. If we're not wiling to give him a spot on this team, package him in a trade.

Field-Sweeny-Anderson and Dye are the OF'er's next year

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 18, 2006 -> 10:01 PM)
I think he's hurt, as he doesn't follow-thru well enough to keep his pitches down. Something that really kills these guys is that Ozzie never, ever takes them out proactively.

I will give Ozzie a little credit tonight. Haeger was up in the first when Guillen softly lined into the triple play. Of course if he would have put Haeger in after Guillen had homered, the cat would have already been out of the bag, and since the offense decided to take tonight off, the game was over anyway.