Game Thread - September 20, 2006

AbeFroman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:21 AM)
It's been an incredibly annoying season and it's going to be an even more annoying offseason with all the excuses that will be tossed around. I'm also done debating the future of Freddy Garcia with people. This whole f***ing team sickens me.

I'm sure Buehrle will have a good start in his last game, and then we'll hear about how the starting pitching was just hitting their stride. At least we're bringing in MacDougal now...might as well blow out his shoulder now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:20 PM)
It also happens when you throw too many changeups up and over the plate.

Whomever has come up with the approach to attack the hitters this year is border line dumb.

I have never seen so many times that our pitchers get to 0-2 on a hitter, and then either put a changeup over the plate to be crushed, or they nibble and get the count back in the hitters favor.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Enough of the Rowand splooging.

Lets dispell some of the great Rowand couldnt let this team lose crap.

If he couldnt settle for losing, why did he basically stop hitting when the going go tough.

.245 BA in August with a .286OBP and a .729OPS

.235 BA in September with a .313OBP and a .705OPS

And Mr. Clutch for close and late batted a robust .221

ok enough already Dr. LaRussa. you are killing me with these silly stats. Arow did more with those averages than Thome has done the entire last 4 months. for that ROSS GLOAD has been better for our team in his short spell in the lineup than JT!

could there be a correlation between our losing late and Arows .230 average? did we win when he hit well? hmmmm....

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:22 AM)
Whomever has come up with the approach to attack the hitters this year is border line dumb.

I have never seen so many times that our pitchers get to 0-2 on a hitter, and then either put a changeup over the plate to be crushed, or they nibble and get the count back in the hitters favor.

Too many times, guys have been burned on their 3rd pitch. Contreras' slider and Garland's changeup are mediocre pitches, yet they keep throwing them far too much. One of the reasons that Garland gives up so many homers, as a sinker ball pitcher, is that he doesn't trust his sinker enough.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
ok enough already Dr. LaRussa. you are killing me with these silly stats. Arow did more with those averages than Thome has done the entire last 4 months. for that ROSS GLOAD has been better for our team in his short spell in the lineup than JT!

could there be a correlation between our losing late and Arows .230 average? did we win when he hit well? hmmmm....

You're beyond insane.

What did Hawk say about the move?

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:24 AM)
Anyone notice how Podsednik and Garcia have just decided to show up to play in the final week or two of the season?

Podsednik doing good once the season is out of reach is a nightmare for us....but I'm still confident he's gone in a week and a half.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)
Ironic how in a series where a sweep was essential, it was Freddy Garcia whom stepped up. Garland and Buehrle soiled themselves on the mound.

Is Harrelson questioning Guillen's move? Sure sounded like he was.

You know things have gotten bad when Hawk starts questioning Guillen, he's been his biggest backer. "I would rather have Ozzie Guillen than any other manager"-Hawk

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:26 PM)
I think we face a lefty tomorrow...Josh Fields better be in the freaking lineup. I have no desire to see Thome go 0-2 with a walk.

Don't worry, Thome will be batting 4th, and killing a couple of rallies tommorow, looking foolish against the lefty as usual.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:23 PM)

I really dont know how to respond to this. I use stats, and measurable evidence to support my point. And you smile and giggle at your autographed Rowand poster and dream of last year and the 3 stooges.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
That is solid baseball from the Tigers.

Their execution and managing is amazing tonight.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:29 AM)
I really dont know how to respond to this. I use stats, and measurable evidence to support my point. And you smile and giggle at your autographed Rowand poster and dream of last year and the 3 stooges.

The stats also don't show the late game defensive struggles that Rowand had last year.