Game Thread - September 20, 2006

AbeFroman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:51 PM)
That right there is why he gets a free pass, the occasional pointless blast into the left field stands is worth a lot in some people's minds.

Its funny. He is Jose Valentin with better D. Just like Jose he swings every single time trying to hit the ball on the dan ryan. And like Jose people think he is clutch or whatever because he runs into one every so often. Jose had a similiar average and similiar mental approach at the plate.

I hated Valentin when he was here, and I am not fond of his replacement that is the same guy.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Its funny. He is Jose Valentin with better D. Just like Jose he swings every single time trying to hit the ball on the dan ryan. And like Jose people think he is clutch or whatever because he runs into one every so often. Jose had a similiar average and similiar mental approach at the plate.

I hated Valentin when he was here, and I am not fond of his replacement that is the same guy.

:angry:

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:56 PM)
Do something useful, PK

Or Thome...

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:57 PM)
:angry:

Or Thome...

Jose the eptiome of the Greg Walker approach. Lift and Pull and swing for the fences every f***ing time you are up there. He was worthless. And people had this silly idea he was clutch based on one year and a few AB. Hitters under 240 are not clutch.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:55 PM)
LOL..that was a pretty rude comment...but oh well...

the most misunderstood aspect of this site is that it is ez to hate on here but when we meet wearing the same gear at the park we love each other to death...strange but true...

I have no ill will toward you, I do however think the "lack of Rowand" argument is a crock of s***.

QUOTE(South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Way to go, Thome. Why am I not surprised?

The entire reason for picking up a lefty power AB was to neutralize a righty with a good slider.

Paulie now pulls a slider that started way. Who was the genius the other day that was out here telling us all that Konerko hits to all fields. Example of A on why that theory is dead wrong.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:59 PM)
Jose the eptiome of the Greg Walker approach. Lift and Pull and swing for the fences every f***ing time you are up there. He was worthless. And people had this silly idea he was clutch based on one year and a few AB. Hitters under 240 are not clutch.

Excuse you...

jose_valentin_JDaniel2.jpg

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have no ill will toward you, I do however think the "lack of Rowand" argument is a crock of s***.

you didnt feel anything special about Arow when he first came to the sox? man i remember telling my wife the first time i saw him play "this is the kinda guy that will win a WS for the sox". dont you remember he didnt get to play right away under Jerry Manure? i was dying to see that guy play everday and see what he would contribute. he presented self confidence, hard work, & desire. when he didnt play well he wore it on his face & chest. i like a guy on the team that can lead thru difficult times. i could just tell that he wasnt going to be the kinda guy who wasnt going to settle for losing. look he certainly wasnt the team last year but IMO he represented what defines champions from winners...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 08:54 PM)
I do love it when the Gooch goes oppo. Is that 11 straight runs via HR? Or did they score some last night that I didn't see?

Yup...and 16 our of the last 21 runs scored via homer.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:07 AM)
you didnt feel anything special about Arow when he first came to the sox? man i remember telling my wife the first time i saw him play "this is the kinda guy that will win a WS for the sox". dont you remember he didnt get to play right away under Jerry Manure? i was dying to see that guy play everday and see what he would contribute. he presented self confidence, hard work, & desire. when he didnt play well he wore it on his face & chest. i like a guy on the team that can lead thru difficult times. i could just tell that he wasnt going to be the kinda guy who wasnt going to settle for losing. look he certainly wasnt the team last year but IMO he represented what defines champions from winners...

I thought he was going to be a great player....but shockingly, he couldn't contribute as well in 2005 as he could in 2004. I think people forget that he was clearly our worst player down the stretch and in the postseason.

Edited by fathom