AbeFroman

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 07:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought he was going to be a great player....but shockingly, he couldn't contribute as well in 2005 as he could in 2004. I think people forget that he was clearly our worst player down the stretch and in the postseason.

this is so true about his performance late last year. JContreras picked up the entire team last year or we never wouldve made the playoffs. mark my words that we wont win again until we find another Arow type of guy!

Edited by whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:14 AM)
this is so true about his performance late last year. JC picked up the entire team last year or we never wouldve made the playoffs. mark my words that we wont win again until we find another Arow type of guy!

Why is it that usually the worst players on a team are known as gamers? Who else do you consider to be a "Winner"? Trust me when I say that no one in baseball, up until about 2 months ago, even thought of Frank Thomas as being this type of player.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:07 PM)
you didnt feel anything special about Arow when he first came to the sox? man i remember telling my wife the first time i saw him play "this is the kinda guy that will win a WS for the sox". dont you remember he didnt get to play right away under Jerry Manure? i was dying to see that guy play everday and see what he would contribute. he presented self confidence, hard work, & desire. when he didnt play well he wore it on his face & chest. i like a guy on the team that can lead thru difficult times. i could just tell that he wasnt going to be the kinda guy who wasnt going to settle for losing. look he certainly wasnt the team last year but IMO he represented what defines champions from winners...

Enough of the Rowand splooging.

Lets dispell some of the great Rowand couldnt let this team lose crap.

If he couldnt settle for losing, why did he basically stop hitting when the going go tough.

.245 BA in August with a .286OBP and a .729OPS

.235 BA in September with a .313OBP and a .705OPS

And Mr. Clutch for close and late batted a robust .221

What in the living hell is Ozzie doing? Garland's been out there long enough....be grateful he only allowed 4 runs, and get his ass out of the game. Dear Jon Garland....your changeup sucks.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:16 AM)
Not saying I saw it coming, but every year Crede has been up with the Sox, he has cut out 1 bad month. Last year, he had two really bad months, and it killed his season. In the prediction thread, I said Joe would cut out one of those bad months, like he had every season since.

This looks to be his "bad" month.

Yeah, I have a hard time being too critical of him, as he's been our 2nd best player all year. It's just disappointing that he's been a mammoth rally killer during this last month.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:15 PM)
The Sox are once again getting their asses handed to them but hey they won it all last year, so you really can't complain about this disgrace of a second half.

Well the Ozzeroo with another great pitching decision. 8th inning after 4 runs given up, lets keep the starter in there.

Kalapse, did you see where Cooper was on the pregame and was saying that Freddy wasnt healthy for most of the year. And he is finally feeling good, and didnt want to miss a start because he is a gamer. The excuses and the pitty party for the 2006 whitesox have begun.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:17 PM)
Well, Garland has been pretty terrible tonight.

It happens when you try and throw a perfect game because you have an offense that forgot how to hit... these grinder rules are starting too piss me off. Did Greg Walker make them? Because all of them are about lifting, pulling, and hitting the home run.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 21, 2006 -> 02:19 AM)
It happens when you try and throw a perfect game because you have an offense that forgot how to hit... these grinder rules are starting too piss me off. Did Greg Walker make them? Because all of them are about lifting, pulling, and hitting the home run.

It also happens when you throw too many changeups up and over the plate.

QUOTE(BearSox @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:19 PM)

The grinder rules apply if you have an approach like the Twins. Short quick swings, get a few men on, make things happen, and get clutch hits.

Greg Walker's O is so anti-grinder rules its not even funny. He is into the lift and pull O, 2 strikes swing for the dan ryan, bases loaded, swing for the dan ryan.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 20, 2006 -> 09:18 PM)
Well the Ozzeroo with another great pitching decision. 8th inning after 4 runs given up, lets keep the starter in there.

Kalapse, did you see where Cooper was on the pregame and was saying that Freddy wasnt healthy for most of the year. And he is finally feeling good, and didnt want to miss a start because he is a gamer. The excuses and the pitty party for the 2006 whitesox have begun.

It's been an incredibly annoying season and it's going to be an even more annoying offseason with all the excuses that will be tossed around. I'm also done debating the future of Freddy Garcia with people. This whole f***ing team sickens me.