Best Plays/Memories from the 06 Season

vandy125

This board seems to be very down for a while since the team has not done as well as we expected/hoped. Because of that, I was thinking that it would be fun and a good change of pace to put out some of our best memories of this past season.

There were a lot of good games to watch this year where we did play some good, exciting baseball. What do you remember? What were some of those good plays? Can we dwell on some of the good things that happened for a bit?

I remember watching the August 8 game against the Yankees. We were down by 1 in the bottom of the ninth when Konerko came up and tied the game against Rivera. We then went on to win the game.

August Highlights

Ross Gload 9th inning grand slam in Baltimore. I was there, making it even more special :)

QUOTE(vandy125 @ Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:36 AM)
I remember watching the August 8 game against the Yankees. We were down by 1 in the bottom of the ninth when Konerko came up and tied the game against Rivera. We then went on to win the game.

I loved that game. I was talking to a Yankee fan on AIM during the ending, and when Rivera came in, he was like 'its over, its over'. Naturally I replied with its not over, and the fact that the Sox dominated closers this year. It was nice to be right :P

[quote name=vandy125' date='Sep 22, 2006 -> 07:36 AM' post='1294796'

The Pablo walk off bunt against Oakland in May...also known as Frank's Homecoming.

Pablo chasing the squirrel into the tarp.

I was there for both of those games. Was also there for AJ's walk-off against Cleveland. All memorable games this year. All for naught, though.

AJ's homerun for me is at the top of the list. I was at the game and you could literally feel the stadium shaking from all of the cubs fans hearts and jaws hitting the ground.

Iguchis defensive play at the beginning of the year. Not sure what team but it might have been the freakiest thing I've ever seen. 'unreal'

Konerko's bomb against Rivera was sweet, just because it rarely happens.

A personal memory was taking batting practice a few times on saturday at the cell over a weekend in august. amazing experience.

1) I am going to say Jermaine Dye's solo HR against the BOSOX. 2 out and facing the unhittable Papelbon at the time. Then the Sox go on to win in 19 innings. I was there!!!

2) Sox trailing Houston by 7 runs late and Iguchi hits the granny in the 9th...Can you believe it?

3) Cintron's 3 run HR against Detroit at home in the 8th inning to give the Sox a lead and a win.

4) Pablo's HR against Guardado in the 9th with 2 outs and Sox go on to win.

Mabry being the only guy Brian Anderson could hit the first 81 games. Screwed it to the sticking post, and endeared himself to a lot of fans thereafter.

Iguchi's pyrotechnics in the Houston game.

AJ's walkoff against Cleveland. For a fleeting moment, lo, hope arriveth.

Edited by Drew