Terrell Owens Attempts Suicide

Steve9347

attention whore

Terrell Owens Attempts Suicide

Police report: Terrell Owens attempted suicide

08:49 AM CDT on Wednesday, September 27, 2006

WFAA-TV Staff

NEWS 8 EXCLUSIVE

According to a Dallas police report obtained by News 8, Dallas Cowboys star receiver Terrell Owens attempted suicide Tuesday night.

The report says Owens was depressed and reportedly took prescription pain pills. A woman companion states that she observed him putting two pills in his mouth.

According to the police narrative, the woman said the prescription of 40 pills was filled on September 18 and—until Tuesday—Owens had taken only five pills.

The police report said Owens was asked if he had taken the rest of the prescription; Owens said, "Yes."

According to the report, police also asked if he was trying to harm himself. Owens answered, "Yes."

Owens was treated at Baylor University Medical Center.

A Dallas Cowboys spokesman told News 8 the team has no comment on the police report, nor is any news conference scheduled.

im sure more s*** about this will come out all day long.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 09:09 AM)
ESPN is going to look foolish on this. I'm believing that this "suicide attempt" is complete bulls***.

Last article I saw, a paramedic and a cop stated Owens said these things, and they actually saw him take 2 of them. So that part is likely true. Everything else... who knows.

The Publisist is now saying this whole thing is a misunderstanding and that Terrell did not attempt suicide instead he accidentally took the pain medication when he confused the pills with some supplements he takes daily, of course this is also a publisist saying this so take it for what it's worth.

One report says that Terrell had taken only 5 pills since he broke his finger so there were as many as 35 pills in the bottle.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:00 AM)
They asked him if he was trying to harm himself, he said yes. I wouldnt believe a publicist if they told me the sky was blue.

The report on yahoo said he took 5, and then attempted to take two more. I think it's horrible that some of you would consider this to be an attempt to grab attention, thats insane guys, faking an attempted suiced, please, this is hardly a joke.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 03:14 PM)
The report on yahoo said he took 5, and then attempted to take two more. I think it's horrible that some of you would consider this to be an attempt to grab attention, thats insane guys, faking an attempted suiced, please, this is hardly a joke.

There's some confusion with the report, as some people think it's meant to say he had only take 5 of the 40 pills until last night, when he emptied the bottle and ingested the 35 other pills.

An initial police report that came out said he had attempted suicide, and took up to 35 pills and was taken to the hospital and had a stomach pump. the police chief then said he had no idea how that got out or who released it, essentially because it contained personal info...we will know when the 911 tapes come out what happened for sure...but if i had 100 bucks id say he really did try to kill himself

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 08:32 AM)
Ya, that was nothing.

Cop was a real prick, wont answer any questions, and all he is saying is its not a criminal case at this time.

Media really get upset with the spokesmen.

So my question is, Is attempted suicide a criminal offense?

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0927061owens1.html

Haven't looked through the entire thing...but as far as I can tell, under the Texas Penal code, there is no penalty for attempting suicide, only for assisting another in an attempt to commit suicide.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 10:45 AM)
In some states, yes, I believe. But it is virtually never prosecuted. I mean, why bother?

the intent, i believe, is to legally force the patient to get psychiatric help, as opposed to actually prosecute him criminally

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 11:07 AM)
No. Wasn't the initial report from the AP?

And it's supposedly based on a police report. Pretty solid source, if true.

TO loves attention, but not like this. Very strange.

ESPN had about 5 networks doing noting but TO talk, thats what i meant. ESPN needs to get a life, god i wish for a chicago based media network.

QUOTE(Jimbo @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 12:08 PM)
ESPN had about 5 networks doing noting but TO talk, thats what i meant. ESPN needs to get a life, god i wish for a chicago based media network.

I think in this case, all the attention given to it is justified. A superstar athlete attempted suicide. That's enormous news.

And I, for one, can believe that he actually tried to kill himself. When you think about it, he does seem to be insecure or unbalanced or something. It's sad, really.

QUOTE(daa84 @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 08:54 AM)
the intent, i believe, is to legally force the patient to get psychiatric help, as opposed to actually prosecute him criminally

You’re right on.

Here in Zona there are only 3 ways to officially die. 1. Nat Causes, 2. Accident, 3 Homicide. The code of Arizona considers suicide as a self inflicted homicide which means if you attempt it you can be brought up on charges but the state uses it to make sure the victim gets help rather than throw them into jail.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Sep 27, 2006 -> 11:40 AM)
You’re right on.

Here in Zona there are only 3 ways to officially die. 1. Nat Causes, 2. Accident, 3 Homicide. The code of Arizona considers suicide as a self inflicted homicide which means if you attempt it you can be brought up on charges but the state uses it to make sure the victim gets help rather than throw them into jail.

So you can like get arrested for attempted murder on yourself? If that's the case then youshould to take precautions to get the job done right!