The Office

Kyyle23

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the charter member of the Creed fan club, I was more than satisfied with this episode. He had more face time in this episode then he's had all season.

Kelly: You better not hurt that little bat.

Creed: Animals can’t feel pain.

Overall great episode. Much better than the wedding episode IMO. Michael's whole candy bar analogy during his speech was the highlight for me.

You need something to sell. Now this could be anything. It could be a thingamajig. Or a whosi-whatsi. Or … a “Whatchamacallit.” Now, you need to sell those in order to have a “PayDay.” And, if you sell enough of them, you will make a “100 Grand.” Satisfied?

:lolhitting

Edited by KevHead0881

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Feb 15, 2007 -> 10:43 PM)
And the bit with Creed, when the bat first flew around and he just sat at his desk, that was great!

I thought the entire scene was hilarious. Dwight took off when he realized it was a bat, Angela was on the ground hiding, Kevin was trying to run, that was a great chaotic scene.

Kelly: You better not hurt that little bat.

Creed: Animals can’t feel pain.

And when the bat flew out and Kelly started yelling "Kill it! Kill it!", that was classic

Great episode. The business school scene was one of those unbearably uncomfortable Michael scenes that worked so well in the first and second seasons, and that have started to get out of hand (ex. Phyllis' wedding). This one was more on the right track.

Also, to the people talking about US/UK Office: having watched both and gotten into both at the same time, there's no question in my mind the US version is better. Better characters overall, and they're certainly easier to be sympathetic to. British "Jim" is a wimp, British "Pam" lacks that whole lack of self-confidence issue thing that makes US Pam so endearing, etc. The US show is better thought out in terms of the characters, I think, because they got to see what worked and what didn't.

Like I said, the US show would be perfect with David instead of Michael. Gareth would be perfect to take the place of Andy, IMO. You need Dwight, due to Rainn being so good, not because of the character's written material. Dwight is so good due to Rainn. Whereas Gareth was perfectly written and acted. But other than those two, all of the US cast is superior to the UK, though I do like the "Jim" guy in the UK version also.

COCKTAILS

8:30/7:30c TV14 02.22.2007

MAKING IT OFFICIAL - Michael (Golden Globe winner Steve Carell) and Jan (Melora Hardin) go public with their relationship during a party at their CFO's home. At the party, Jim (John Krasinski) meets Karen's (Rashida Jones) ex. Meanwhile, the rest of the office decides to go to happy hour for drinks. Rainn Wilson, Jenna Fischer, B.J. Novak, David Denman, Leslie David Baker, Brian Baumgartner, Kate Flannery, Angela Kinsey, Oscar Nunez, Paul Lieberstein and Mindy Kaling also star.

Here are some teasers for ya (SPOILER WARNING).

TVAddict.com: 1 2

Oh man... I was really really shocked that Pam told Roy about the time she kissed Jim. That story is gonna get nuts... Not sure how Jim is gonna react to Roy. I bet that something crazy happens and the Michael winds up firing Roy.

I kinda thought that Dwight and Michael were a little over the top today. I think the show's funnier when they are believably goofy... It was a little too much from them tonight.

Good episode though... the story about Roy and Pam is what made it...

Hilarious episode, Dwight in the background checking out every facet of the house was great.

Roy and Pam are officially done, and Roy is about to go nutso it seems. I dont know how much longer Jim and Karen have, it seems like Jim is getting more and more annoyed with Karen every episode.

Maybe I have been just overlooking it with everything else going on, but I had no idea that Toby had a thing for Pam. Its a nice little twist though

Im kind of curious about what time of the year it is supposed to be on the show. Roy's excuse that he couldnt go out with Pam to the bar for happy hour was that his brother "ate some water on the jet ski" and they needed to get trashed. Jet Ski's in the middle of the winter? Was it just a ridiculous Roy excuse?

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 07:06 AM)
Im kind of curious about what time of the year it is supposed to be on the show. Roy's excuse that he couldnt go out with Pam to the bar for happy hour was that his brother "ate some water on the jet ski" and they needed to get trashed. Jet Ski's in the middle of the winter? Was it just a ridiculous Roy excuse?

I think he sold his jet ski... and used the money he made to pay off the bartender for the broken stuff.

Michael and Dwight were a little too nuts tonight for my taste... They need to keep it within the realm of reason.

QUOTE(AbeFroman @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 03:23 PM)
I think he sold his jet ski... and used the money he made to pay off the bartender for the broken stuff.

Michael and Dwight were a little too nuts tonight for my taste... They need to keep it within the realm of reason.

Michael I agree with. I think that was right up Dwights alley though, if you watch him, he is drinking the entire night. Now we know what Dwight does when he is hammered. I thought Dwight was fantastic, especially when he popped up in the back seat after Jan and Michael were "fighting", and when he was in the kids room.

and the jet ski thing, when Pam invited Roy to go with them he used the Jet Ski excuse. Thats why I was kind of confused about it

Edited by kyyle23

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 04:26 PM)
Michael I agree with. I think that was right up Dwights alley though, if you watch him, he is drinking the entire night. Now we know what Dwight does when he is hammered. I thought Dwight was fantastic, especially when he popped up in the back seat after Jan and Michael were "fighting", and when he was in the kids room.

The Dwight thing cracked me up and seemed so reasonable to me. My dad does that stuff to a lesser extent when he is at other people's houses (checks the sturdiness of rails, checks the studs, checks windows and walls). So, I loved that Dwight was doing that.

Not one of the funnier episodes, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Dwight had me rolling the entire episode.

Dwight: Do you ever watch Battlestar Galactica?

Party guest: No.

Dwight: No? Then you’re an idiot.

Speaking of Dwight, I recently came across this gem on YouTube...

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Feb 23, 2007 -> 07:06 AM)

Not quite.

The actual quote: "My brother just unloaded the jet skis and kinda took a bath . . . so we're gonna go get hammered"

So Kenny (Roy's brother) was upset about getting so little in return for his jet skis which would explain your questioning of the weather and I guess would kind of explain the trashing of the bar though that was completely over the top on both Roy and Kenny's part.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Feb 24, 2007 -> 02:17 AM)
Not quite.

The actual quote: "My brother just unloaded the jet skis and kinda took a bath . . . so we're gonna go get hammered"

So Kenny (Roy's brother) was upset about getting so little in return for his jet skis which would explain your questioning of the weather and I guess would kind of explain the trashing of the bar though that was completely over the top on both Roy and Kenny's part.

Ah, it makes sense now. When he said "took a bath", i interpreted it to mean taking a spill on his jet ski.