And Thats a White Sox Winner !

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

Sweeney continues to impress. Fields not so much.

4th time in franchise history the Sox have won 90 or more in back-to-back seasons, and the 1st time it has happened since 1963-65. Their 189 combined wins over the past two years are the highest total for the White Sox since winning 193 in 1964-65

:gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 02:17 PM)
Sweeney continues to impress. Fields not so much.

:gosox1: :gosox1:

The piranha’s directly challenged Fields with consecutive bunts in the 6th. He got both Bartlett and Punto on good plays. Overall, 9 balls were hit to him and handled them all. One more he dove for on a ground ball in the hole to his left, I don't know if Crede would have got there or not, it was hit hard. He showed me good hands and feet, a good arm, no fear and his head was in the game. Need more chances to assess his range. Add a double, walk and run in 5 trips to the plate and I'd say he had a good day for a rookie.

Sweeney was very good with 5 chances in right including one spectacular catch. He went 2 for 4 with 2 knocks but also cost a run with a base running boo-boo in the 2nd. He didn't read a ground single to right properly and pulled up at 2B, when Cuddyer's throw to third was wild (Cuddyer and everyone else in park thought the runner would go to 3rd), he made third but should have scored on that play had he been running.

St. Brian Anderson only had 2 touches in the field, he handled them both. He was 0-5 with 2 Ks. He reached on an error in the 6th and promptly got thrown out stealing.

QUOTE(Brian @ Sep 30, 2006 -> 04:10 PM)
We may be doing all the Yankee haters a favor cuz I believe that in a short series, the Twins could eliminate the Yanks.

I dont know if anyone past Johan Santana in the Twins starting rotation can hold down the Yankees lineup.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 10:50 AM)
Jon did his Loiza impression this year...racking up wins...losing three straight when we desperately needed him...winning when it doesn't matter.

If that's what you say about our best starter this year, I'm curious to see what you're saying about the rest of the staff.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Oct 1, 2006 -> 09:50 AM)
Jon did his Loiza impression this year...racking up wins...losing three straight when we desperately needed him...winning when it doesn't matter.

Wasnt Jon rather dominant down the stretch, save one or two starts?

I like what I have seen from Jon Garland and Freddie Garcia. Contreras flopped in the 2nd half, Vazquez strikes out a lot of hitters but is prone to those big innings and Buerhle hasn't been right for awhile this year.

I look forward to Sunday's game on WGN to see Vazquez and how he finishes. I want a sweep vrs the Twins to take me through till "07

Edited by elrockinMT