LOST! thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 09:52 PM)
Well, that was a pretty worthless episode but I guess kind of cool. Not sure why they'd waste an episode to develop new characters and then kill them. All they showed us was they had a radio. They couldn't find an easier and more productive way to do that? I guess we know how Sun was kidnapped too, but I thought it was pretty obvious already.

How'd the camp get those shovels, too? They had shovels you can buy at Home Depot. They never had shovels like that in the earlier episodes. I think them Lost f***ers are getting lazy.

I pretty much agree. The episode was interesting and had a nice but not unexpected twist ending, but what was the point?

• Replies 582
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:52 PM)
Well, that was a pretty worthless episode but I guess kind of cool. Not sure why they'd waste an episode to develop new characters and then kill them. All they showed us was they had a radio. They couldn't find an easier and more productive way to do that? I guess we know how Sun was kidnapped too, but I thought it was pretty obvious already.

How'd the camp get those shovels, too? They had shovels you can buy at Home Depot. They never had shovels like that in the earlier episodes. I think them Lost f***ers are getting lazy.

THEY ISNT DED

I'm wondering if the characters were written out before the writers intended since those two were nowhere near fan-favorites. I thought it was a cool way to get rid of those two. They were bad people and they both suffered miserable fates. I thought it was neat how they tried to weave their backstory into the Lost tapestry.\

QUOTE(juddling @ Mar 28, 2007 -> 10:18 PM)
I'm wondering if the characters were written out before the writers intended since those two were nowhere near fan-favorites. I thought it was a cool way to get rid of those two. They were bad people and they both suffered miserable fates. I thought it was neat how they tried to weave their backstory into the Lost tapestry.\

One thing to think about. Locke said, "Nothing stays buried on this island."

That thieving conniving b***h deserved her fate if she ended up suffocating. I kind of felt bad for Paulo, although he was just as bad.

I didnt get why the spiders attacked all of the sudden, it seemed random that every Medusa spider in the area converged and started biting. Maybe I missed an earlier episode or something.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:17 AM)
That thieving conniving b***h deserved her fate if she ended up suffocating. I kind of felt bad for Paulo, although he was just as bad.

I didnt get why the spiders attacked all of the sudden, it seemed random that every Medusa spider in the area converged and started biting. Maybe I missed an earlier episode or something.

There was the scene early on with the egoish science teacher where he has the female in the jar, and when Nikki goes to open it up, he tells here not to because she will emit something that will attract all of the males in the area.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 07:23 AM)
There was the scene early on with the egoish science teacher where he has the female in the jar, and when Nikki goes to open it up, he tells here not to because she will emit something that will attract all of the males in the area.

This is why I love Soxtalk TV show threads. If you miss something, someone is bound to explain it to you. :cheers

The thing that I didn't get was Paulo had some pretty importatnt informatin and didn't tell anyone. The radio may come in handy as well. Why didn't he jsut say that he found the gum in a different bag, that was really stupid.

Sawyer was pretty helpful as well that was odd.

I think the diamonds may have a purpose at a future point.

Episode was ok. Have we ever seen the science teacher before?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 09:19 AM)
The thing that I didn't get was Paulo had some pretty importatnt informatin and didn't tell anyone. The radio may come in handy as well. Why didn't he jsut say that he found the gum in a different bag, that was really stupid.

Sawyer was pretty helpful as well that was odd.

I think the diamonds may have a purpose at a future point.

Episode was ok. Have we ever seen the science teacher before?

Yeah, he was the guy who blew him self up with the old nitroglycern that they eventually used to blow the first hatch.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Mar 29, 2007 -> 10:36 AM)
I do have a question. How come none of the Lost crew is manning the TV viewing station, just in case something happens?

Seems like it might be something they want to keep an eye on.

I would guess it is more of a safety in numbers thing, but I have no idea.

Yeah, there are some great questions hanging in the air.

Is Juliet really bannished from the others, or is she a double agent? If she isn't, how did she still end up having the keys to everything. Could it be just Ben playing games with them again?

What happened to the others? Could they all have gone back to the tiny island, or is there another place they are hiding out.

Why don't the castaways just move into the others compound if they aren't there anymore?

I really loved the twist of having Sawyer's ex-girlfriend be the one to aid Kate to talk to her mother. I wonder when that bit is going to come out, and Kate will realize who Sawyer really is?

It was interesting to see the black smoke come back, and that it could not penetrate the others security system.

Another solid episode. The finale weeks are going to be incredible. There are so many things for them to do and answer, and still not give the show away.

I don't think Juliet is a plant for the 'Others'. At this point do the others really even NEED a plant???? They can walk into the Losties camp and take who or what they want. They seem to know all about them anyways. I thik Juliet has been left behind since she wasn't really one of them (whole-heartedly at least) and already shown some sort of mercy or sympathy towards the Losties. That is a no-no in Ben's little society.

Besides...she gives another wrench to throw into the love triangle of Jack/Kate/Sawyer.

She explained why she didn't unlock herself from Kate earlier last night. She didn't want to be left behind by Kate so so didn't unlock the cuffs until it was a life/death moment. I did like Juliet's line about the monster "We don't know what it is, but we know it doesn't like out fence much"

i guess that explains why that kind of fence is out there.

I'm not sure why the Lost crew would want to move into the abandon village...give up that beachfront property for the suburbs???? I wouldn't.

Juliet has been with the 'others' for 2 or 3 years only so i guess it's possible to have another hiding place that she wouldn't know about.

QUOTE(juddling @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 10:50 AM)
I don't think Juliet is a plant for the 'Others'. At this point do the others really even NEED a plant???? They can walk into the Losties camp and take who or what they want. They seem to know all about them anyways. I thik Juliet has been left behind since she wasn't really one of them (whole-heartedly at least) and already shown some sort of mercy or sympathy towards the Losties. That is a no-no in Ben's little society.

Besides...she gives another wrench to throw into the love triangle of Jack/Kate/Sawyer.

She explained why she didn't unlock herself from Kate earlier last night. She didn't want to be left behind by Kate so so didn't unlock the cuffs until it was a life/death moment. I did like Juliet's line about the monster "We don't know what it is, but we know it doesn't like out fence much"

i guess that explains why that kind of fence is out there.

I'm not sure why the Lost crew would want to move into the abandon village...give up that beachfront property for the suburbs???? I wouldn't.

Juliet has been with the 'others' for 2 or 3 years only so i guess it's possible to have another hiding place that she wouldn't know about.

Oh great. The part of the show I absolutely despise.

I really don't care who Kate f***s or wants to f*** or who does or doesn't want to f*** her.

QUOTE(StrangeSox @ Apr 5, 2007 -> 04:08 PM)
Oh great. The part of the show I absolutely despise.

I really don't care who Kate f***s or wants to f*** or who does or doesn't want to f*** her.

Dude...tell us how you REALLY feel!!!!

:bang :bang

Didn't really like the Wednesday episode. I like the reality of the show and that there isn't that much sci-fi but the smoke monster tests me.

The whole sex triangle thing, rain fight, yada, yada, yada is tiresome.

Still think the show is top shelf.

The Locke thing interests me and is a great twist.

If you can go back and watch season one it is great to tie them together. I am watching them now and it is really cool, especially the Locke stuff.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Apr 6, 2007 -> 02:14 PM)
Didn't really like the Wednesday episode. I like the reality of the show and that there isn't that much sci-fi but the smoke monster tests me.

The whole sex triangle thing, rain fight, yada, yada, yada is tiresome.

Still think the show is top shelf.

The Locke thing interests me and is a great twist.

If you can go back and watch season one it is great to tie them together. I am watching them now and it is really cool, especially the Locke stuff.

i'm wondering if locke isn't going to ascend to some role of superiority with the others. clearly they know he's been healed by coming to the island and i'm wondering if that will let them view him as a kind of "chosen one" or something.