greasywheels121

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

For the following reasons.

1. They silenced the Eastern Seaboard Promotion Network by laying the smacketh downeth on the Spankees and for that I owe them a debt of gratitude.

2. The only ex-sox player I despise more than f**glio is the big skirt. Lets see if Skirt complains about having the sun in his eyes (remember the 2000 playoffs? ) when he gets shut down by Detroits pitching staff.

Again..............GO TIGERS!!!!

Go Frank. Hands down. Go Frank.

I owe the Tigers a great debt for eliminating the "buy the trophy" Mother F***ers. But now that the deed is done, my use of them has finished, and I'll cheer for the greatest White Sox player in history, and the guy who would have won the 2003 Cy Young award had Manuel not made him pitch against the Twins when he was sick.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:07 AM)
GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!

For the following reasons.

1. They silenced the Eastern Seaboard Promotion Network by laying the smacketh downeth on the Spankees and for that I owe them a debt of gratitude.

2. The only ex-sox player I despise more than f**glio is the big skirt. Lets see if Skirt complains about having the sun in his eyes (remember the 2000 playoffs? ) when he gets shut down by Detroits pitching staff.

Again..............GO TIGERS!!!!

Nuke, help me out here. In rangercal's sig, he's got a Frank Thomas fanclub. IIRC, you're part of that club. What has Frank done to make you hate him so much? And I'll barf if you say it's because of what happened between him and Kenny back in March.

QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Oct 8, 2006 -> 01:28 AM)
Nuke, help me out here. In rangercal's sig, he's got a Frank Thomas fanclub. IIRC, you're part of that club. What has Frank done to make you hate him so much? And I'll barf if you say it's because of what happened between him and Kenny back in March.

Sarcasm my friend. Sarcasm.

I started to hate Thomas ever since he started whining about money a few years ago.......then he didn't show up for the 2000 playoffs, ( maybe he was asking for more money so he could get himself a new pair of Oakleys since he was whining about having the sun in his eyes during the Seattle series ), then, oh yeah, there was his deal with KW.

I laughed SO HARD when KW gave him that little sendoff earlier this season.

QUOTE(RME JICO @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 03:32 AM)
That's a hard loss for OAK to take. They lose to Robertson vs Zito. Now they have to face Zoolander and the Camera-Puncher.

I'm not sure I've seen a more pathetic showing in the ALCS than what Oakland put out there today.

I'd prefer A's, but it's an uphill battle now. I thought Zito vs. Robertson was the only matchup where they had the pitching advantage.

The only good thing about the Tigers getting to and winning the World Series is that Dmitri Young won't get a ring. That is unless they give him one anyway like the Red Sox gave Nomar one.

QUOTE(Sox It To Em @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 12:42 PM)
As a White Sox fan I don't root for rivals of the White Sox (the Tigers), and don't understand those that do. Go A's!

I think part of the theory is that atleast if our division wins it will show that we had the best division in baseball and will explain why we didn't make it, kind of. I would think it is akin to rooting for the AL. We had the best division dang it. I would be pulling for the Tigers, but I like Frank and I don't really have much liking for Maggs anymore. But remove both of those guys, and I am pulling for the Tigers all the way.

QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ Oct 11, 2006 -> 04:47 PM)
I'd prefer A's, but it's an uphill battle now. I thought Zito vs. Robertson was the only matchup where they had the pitching advantage.

The only good thing about the Tigers getting to and winning the World Series is that Dmitri Young won't get a ring. That is unless they give him one anyway like the Red Sox gave Nomar one.

I dont think the Tigers management and everything like Dmitri though.... the release of him was really weird and everything. Because he isnt a bad player... Nomar was traded he wouldnt of been outright released like Young was.