A-Rod deal heating up?

Guillen'sGuy

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SinkingShip06 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 06:55 AM)
yeah. lets get arod instead of the pitching this team desperately needs.

Why do we suddenly desperately need pitching? Just because we gave up Garcia and his 86MPH fast ball? Come on, you must be kidding man.

QUOTE(Soxman72 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
-I have stated that I believe A-Rod is a great individual HOF Player.

-I do not want him on the White Sox

-There other players out there that I would rather put money into - and yes some of those players have not won a championship.

-A-Rod is a selfish player and I think his presence is bad in a clubhouse.

-I don't believe he will be happy until he is on a team like Tampa or Pittsburgh where he can be the lone Superstar and not have the pressure of the media.

-There are some fantastic players who have played baseball, but you are always asked about a championship. A player like A-Rod will always be remembered, especially if he does not win a chamionship.

All of my opinions on this matter have been stated and I am not posting about this topic anymore. What is the point in arguing about this any further. What I and others say has no influence on the team getting A-Rod.

And Kyyle23 - you should try reading some of my posts, before you come after me. I never once said the White Sox should not obtain anyone who has not won a championship - JUST NOT A-ROD.

Soxman - you can hate ARod all you want and you can wish he never becomes a WHite Sox. But your reasons for not wanting him or hating him are ALL WRONG.

- He is selfish? Proven wrong given he gave up playing SS to play 3B so that Mr Ego Jeter could continue to screw his own team by playing SS, something he is not as good defensively as AROd ever would be.

- He is not a winner since he has never won a WS? We have tons of players on our roster who were signed as FAs or traded for when they had never won a WS. And there are tons of those players on every roster on ever MLB team. Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, etc are just some of the great players who were once traded for or signed in FA by teams BEFORE any one of them ever won anything.

- He called out Jeter? I asked you to prove it. I doubt he said anything resembling calling out his captain so prove it.

- His presence is bad in the clubhouse? You are just dreaming up reasons to hate it. Without any facts/examples/evidence, you lose credibility with everything you say, however legit it may sound in the future.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 01:05 AM)
Why do we suddenly desperately need pitching? Just because we gave up Garcia and his 86MPH fast ball? Come on, you must be kidding man.

Soxman - you can hate ARod all you want and you can wish he never becomes a WHite Sox. But your reasons for not wanting him or hating him are ALL WRONG.

- He is selfish? Proven wrong given he gave up playing SS to play 3B so that Mr Ego Jeter could continue to screw his own team by playing SS, something he is not as good defensively as AROd ever would be.

- He is not a winner since he has never won a WS? We have tons of players on our roster who were signed as FAs or traded for when they had never won a WS. And there are tons of those players on every roster on ever MLB team. Randy Johnson, Roger Clemens, Greg Maddux, etc are just some of the great players who were once traded for or signed in FA by teams BEFORE any one of them ever won anything.

- He called out Jeter? I asked you to prove it. I doubt he said anything resembling calling out his captain so prove it.

- His presence is bad in the clubhouse? You are just dreaming up reasons to hate it. Without any facts/examples/evidence, you lose credibility with everything you say, however legit it may sound in the future.

I think he's wearing blinders on this issue. You might as well just give it up.

I have seen ARod basically lick Jeter's ass (both comments and actions while playing) everytime I watch a Yankee game while Jeter and many of the others hang him out to dry (starting when not having his back when he was getting hit or in fights with Boston).

His playoff stats were good before NY and plenty of great players with a ring have had crap postseason stats. For Arod, I think it's more of bad timing of a slump, and there's gonna be some mental there, he's seeing a frickin psychiatrist, and his teammates, team owner, and every fan/media outlet in NY has called him out

QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 08:31 AM)
I have seen ARod basically lick Jeter's ass (both comments and actions while playing) everytime I watch a Yankee game while Jeter and many of the others hang him out to dry (starting when not having his back when he was getting hit or in fights with Boston).

His playoff stats were good before NY and plenty of great players with a ring have had crap postseason stats. For Arod, I think it's more of bad timing of a slump, and there's gonna be some mental there, he's seeing a frickin psychiatrist, and his teammates, team owner, and every fan/media outlet in NY has called him out

Yup, until the WS between the Giants and Angels, Barry Bonds had done nothing in post season play either and before last year, Big Frank had that to his credit too. But that does not mean you do not go after those players who can be the big piece to the puzzle that is winning it all as a TEAM.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 02:35 AM)
Yup, until the WS between the Giants and Angels, Barry Bonds had done nothing in post season play either and before last year, Big Frank had that to his credit too. But that does not mean you do not go after those players who can be the big piece to the puzzle that is winning it all as a TEAM.

Mike Schmidt accumulated 548 career HR, 10 gold gloves, 3 MVPs, 6 silver sluggers, 12 All-Star appearances, a hall of fame bust a ring and a career postseason line of .236/.304/.386/.690.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 02:41 AM)
Mike Schmidt accumulated 548 career HR, 10 gold gloves, 3 MVPs, 6 silver sluggers, 12 All-Star appearances, a hall of fame bust a ring and a career postseason line of .236/.304/.386/.690.

He must have been a dick in the clubhouse...what a cancer.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 02:54 AM)
Ted Williams sucked, .200 batting average in the only series he ever played in. Didn't he realize he was never going to get another shot?

Maybe Willie Mays should have spent a little less time worrying about the long ball and a little more time working on improving his terrible .660 career postseaon OPS.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 02:59 AM)
Maybe Willie Mays should have spent a little less time worrying about the long ball and a little more time working on improving his terrible .660 career postseaon OPS.

Ty Cobb never won a World Series...I wonder why? MAYBE CUZ OF HIS .262 CAREER POSTSEASON AVERAGE, yeah thats why

(he actually was an asshole though)

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:03 AM)
Ty Cobb never won a World Series...I wonder why? MAYBE CUZ OF HIS .262 CAREER POSTSEASON AVERAGE, yeah thats why

(he actually was an asshole though)

Do you know who wasn't an asshole? The man who broke the color barrier, Jacky Robinson. There was one barrier however that he just couldn't seem to crack . . . his inability to come through when it mattered the most, his .234/.335/.343/.678 career postseason line is hardly Hall of Fame caliber.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:09 AM)
Do you know who wasn't an asshole? The man who broke the color barrier, Jacky Robinson. There was one barrier however that he just couldn't seem to crack . . . his inability to come through when it mattered the most, his .234/.335/.343/.678 career postseason line is hardly Hall of Fame caliber.

And Dick Allen (no, not that Dick Allen, but the player) had a .912 career OPS. Unfortunately, the only thing he could do was get on base, posting a .222/.417/.222/.639 line in the postseason.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:13 AM)
And Dick Allen (no, not that Dick Allen, but the player) had a .912 career OPS. Unfortunately, the only thing he could do was get on base, posting a .222/.417/.222/.639 line in the postseason.

Speaking of dicks, Mark McGwire appeared in 42 postseason games, he probably would have been better off staying home however seeing as how he owns a career .217/.320/.349/.669 line in postseason play.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:22 AM)
Speaking of dicks, Mark McGwire appeared in 42 postseason games, he probably would have been better off staying home however seeing as how he owns a career .217/.320/.349/.669 line in postseason play.

You know who would be in complete agreement with you? Two-time MVP Joe Morgan.

It's just too bad he couldn't quite get it done in postseason play: .182/.323/.348/.671

Pee yew, something stinks

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:32 AM)
You know who would be in complete agreement with you? Two-time MVP Joe Morgan.

It's just too bad he couldn't quite get it done in postseason play: .182/.323/.348/.671

Pee yew, something stinks

Phil Rizzuto has played in the 6th most postseason games of all time, there's also a purdy bust of him in Cooperstown, appearantly the voters didn't notice that Phil owns a .295 career post season slugging percentage. Anyone with that few total bases in the world series couldn't possibly be considered for baseball immortality now could he?

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:43 AM)
Phil Rizzuto has played in the 6th most postseason games of all time, there's also a purdy bust of him in Cooperstown, appearantly the voters didn't notice that Phil owns a .295 career post season slugging percentage. Anyone with that few total bases in the world series couldn't possibly be considered for baseball immortality now could he?

Atleast Phil won though. Barely edging him out in the total base suckitude category, Rod Carew put up .200/.291/.300/.591 in 4 trips to the postseason, losing every series he was in.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 03:49 AM)
Atleast Phil won though. Barely edging him out in the total base suckitude category, Rod Carew put up .200/.291/.300/.591 in 4 trips to the postseason, losing every series he was in.

When it comes to slugging Dave Winfield is one of the greats of the game, it's a damn shame however that he had to screw over his Yankee teammates in the 1981 world series by going 1 for 22 with 4 Ks in the series. The Yankees were unable to overcome their superstar's suckitude and lost the series in 6 games to the Dodgers. Too bad Winfield's postseason ineptitude does not end there, the man also owns a career .208 batting average and .641 OPS in October baseball.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 04:04 AM)
When it comes to slugging Dave Winfield is one of the greats of the game, it's a damn shame however that he had to screw over his Yankee teammates in the 1981 world series by going 1 for 22 with 4 Ks in the series. The Yankees were unable to overcome their superstar's suckitude and lost the series in 6 games to the Dodgers. Too bad Winfield's postseason ineptitude does not end there, the man also owns a career .208 batting average and .641 OPS in October baseball.

Speaking of the Yankees, did you know that Alex Rodriguez is the sole reason they have not made it to the World Series in the past 2 years (cuz it was of course not the Yankees choking but the Red Sox rising that got them to the Series in '04)? I mean, where was Gary Sheffield in '05 (.286/.318/.286/.604) and '06 (.083/.083/.083/.166)? What in the hell is Hideki Matsui doing(.200/.273/.400/.673; .250/.250/.312/.562)? Good thing Cano showed up too both years (.263/.333/.421/.754; .133/.133/.133/.266). And Bernie Williams? Don't think so (.211/.250/.316/.566; 0 for 3).

And pitching? LOL...how about this rotation?

Johnson - 6.14 ERA in 1 start, '05; 7.94 in 1 in '06

Mussina - 5.40 ERA in 2 in '05; 5.14 in 1 in '06

Wang - good

Lidle - 20.25 ERA in 1 start in '06(yikes...RIP all the same)

methinks ARod is just playing the TIMO role on the Yankees, he just does it in such a fashion where .300 40 .900-1.000 is unacceptable, because he has played poorly in his last 9 postseason games.

/bed