Soxfest tickets

watchtower41

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 10:40 AM)
Picked up 2 for Sunday. Everyone tries for Saturday right off the bat.

Tickets were gone for all 3 days in under ten minutes. Thanksfully I got Friday's. I hope they keep the kids at home this year.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 12:48 PM)
After attending for several years I have come to the opinion that Soxfest is overrated. Your thoughts?

Completely agree. I think the seminars are interesting, but I'm not a huge fan of autographs, plus I figure if you want auto's your better off going to spring training. That said it is a fun environment and there have been many a classic night had at the Hyatt (back when it was there).

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 02:48 PM)
After attending for several years I have come to the opinion that Soxfest is overrated. Your thoughts?

In many aspect yes, it is overrated. No "fan fest" should be as straining and irritating as the past few Soxfests have been. But not overrated in such way that makes it a bad event or something NOT worth going to, depending on the person you are and what you go for. It is a great fan experience, well maybe not in 2006, but this was not the White Sox organization's fault. Many people will never attend Soxfest again because of last year, and for different reasons, rightfully so. Here's hoping that the new venue will pump new life into an event that should be heralded by diehard White Sox fans on an annual basis. I've always thought the seminars and the garage sale is great, but I do like collecting a few autos of my favorite players as well. Where Spring Training can be a great outlet to obtain autos as well, but for the most part, I am one to leave meeting players at the ballpark for the kiddies. Its nice to have an opportunity to meet and thank a favorite player, in a much more casual setting..... without having to act like some type of stalker or memoribilia hound at a ballpark.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 06:48 PM)
The Sox at times can rule my life. but I have never had the desire to go to Fest. Im not a huge auto guy, and I don't see that much appeal otherwise.

The DO rule my life, and after the past few SF's I realized that I was going just to go and I only really enjoyed buying t-shirts and pictures etc, the same stuff I could get in a store. Last year was just the straw that broke the camels back.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jan 9, 2007 -> 09:27 PM)
Long lines.

Autograph hogs.

Expensive items.

Thats a few things I have noticed in SoxFest threads for the past couple years. I haven't gone to one and I probably will never go to one unless I move to Chicago.

Expect the complete opposite of this. The venue has changed and the attendance limited to combat the problems of the last 2 years. This one will likely be the best since the ones of the mid 90's. Those were fun.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 05:18 AM)
Expect the complete opposite of this. The venue has changed and the attendance limited to combat the problems of the last 2 years. This one will likely be the best since the ones of the mid 90's. Those were fun.

I am guessing it is going to be way better this year, not many people are going to be able to go between the way smaller venue, and the way more expensive prices to attend. I know I am priced out of the market. I might be able to get up for an evening, but no way can I afford that kind of money for the Fest itself.

Been going for a few years now. I usually spend most of my time in the seminars. The Kenny and Ozzie one is usually quite entertaining (especially when fans are unhappy about the offseason; it can get pretty combative). Other than that, the merchandise and autograph stuff really do little for me. Really, I go because it feels like it kicks off the season in a way. And with no White Sox for 4 - 5 months, I get withdrawels.

The crowds have detracted from the experience a bit, and last year was more of a pain than anything...if there was any crowd control whatsoever, I didn't notice it. But as Steff said, the move to the Palmer House should help.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 10, 2007 -> 01:02 AM)
Last years was ridiculously over-crowded (my guess is this years won't be as bad in that area).

I didnt mind so much ...... mostly because I knew the SOX' popularity had been soaring the last few years.

Post WS was expected. The way they did it this year ....... still has me scratching my head

He should go with the "Expect the worse, Hope for the best" plan. It's just like someone having sex for the first time. It would be more satisifying to have bad expectations and then get blow away by something or You go in there with great expectations and you will be dissapointed if something comes up a little short. But don't take my word on it.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 11:18 AM)

I am looking forward to this years Fest for that reason. I really enjoy the seminars and the garage sale, but the best part for me is hanging out with a bunch of Sox fans for the weekend.

QUOTE(MinnesotaSoxFan @ Jan 11, 2007 -> 10:37 AM)
He should go with the "Expect the worse, Hope for the best" plan. It's just like someone having sex for the first time. It would be more satisifying to have bad expectations and then get blow away by something or You go in there with great expectations and you will be dissapointed if something comes up a little short. But don't take my word on it.

I can't help but :lolhitting :lolhitting