BEARS in THE SUPERBOWL!

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)
do you guys agree with this assessment?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writ...ents/index.html

I've heard it all season long and I'll continue to say what I have said. I believe in Rex Grossman as the Bears QB and I Believe in this Bears football team. I'd comment on how most of Rex's incomplete passes in the first half were on blitzes where he made the right call and threw the ball away (aside from his missed TD pass to Clark) but I won't get myself all fired up about this.

I'll just wait and go with my belief that Rex and the Bears will come out and play good football in 2 weeks.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:12 PM)

Can't say I disagree with that. The thing is, it is the Bears vs. the Colts, not Rex vs. Peyton. The media fails to realize that there are 53 guys on a roster, not 1. That s*** pisses me off.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:19 PM)
That guy is f***ing scum. I will never ever ever root for that piece of s***. The smug asshole deserves the asswhooping the Bears gave him. Freaking pansy. Learn to play with class. Oh and if anyone is wondering, I said s*** about Hester when he did that stupid finger point during one of his returns earlier in the season.

So Reggie...PISS OFF YOU PRICK. I hope the NCAA finds a way to take away your heisman.

Jason f***ing Gage showing some emotion.

I love it.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 10:22 PM)
I've heard it all season long and I'll continue to say what I have said. I believe in Rex Grossman as the Bears QB and I Believe in this Bears football team. I'd comment on how most of Rex's incomplete passes in the first half were on blitzes where he made the right call and threw the ball away (aside from his missed TD pass to Clark) but I won't get myself all fired up about this.

I'll just wait and go with my belief that Rex and the Bears will come out and play good football in 2 weeks.

Rex wasn't great, but he made big plays and didn't committ any turnovers.

yea i mean in all reality he really didnt do much to hurt or help the bears in this game. this game was won soley on their defense and special teams (maynard was big all day). yes he did have a nice drive to lead to the berrian TD but he also missed a gimme TD to clark early in the game and just because you are being blitzed doesnt mean you cant make a play and have to throw it away every time you are blitzed so i wouldnt use that as an excuse for incompletes

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 08:25 PM)
Jason f***ing Gage showing some emotion.

I love it.

That was my PG13 version rant. During the game I was probably at NC-17 rating with my Reggie Bush rant. In two weeks I could get into trouble, my best buddy is a Colt fan so I told him if Manning throws for 500 yards and I hear trash talking he may get a fist to the face (and I'm the least violent person ever). I fear how I may react in two weeks.

But I got faith in the Bears. We've gotten to this point, now they need to step up and play the best game of their careers in the biggest game of their careers.

QUOTE(JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 08:12 PM)

Don Banks essentially said the Bears didn't stand a chance against the Saints. He was touting his 8-0 playoff pick record in articles all week. That there is some sour grapes. If he compares Rex to Tony Eason then he never saw Tony Eason s*** his pants against the Bears in XX.

QUOTE(bmags @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 09:07 PM)
rex was getting pressured a lot in the first half, when he got time, he had that great drive with the berrian catch.

He also made a lot of good reads and overall (sans the Packer game) he's been making the right reads on a pretty consistent basis these past 5-6 weeks or so. All I ask is that he keeps doing that, trusting his eyes and being calm, confident and poised to make the throws.

Oh and Turner had a real good gameplan, imo. We really stuck with the run, aside from the one drive where Rex really needed to make plays (and he did) as the Saints began to completely stack the line.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:16 PM)
BTW, at the bar I was at today for the game, there was a guy with a Kyle Orton jersey.

Did you kick him in the nuts? If not, you really should have.

Speaking of the bearded wonder he looked incredibly puffy on the sideline today, I fully expected to see a bottle of Jack strapped to his hand but the camera never showed that angle.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:18 PM)
Did you kick him in the nuts? If not, you really should have.

Speaking of the bearded wonder he looked incredibly puffy on the sideline today, I fully expected to see a bottle of Jack strapped to his hand but the camera never showed that angle.

Never. I'm still waiting to see someone with a Brad Maynard jersey, that guy will be my hero.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:20 PM)
Never. I'm still waiting to see someone with a Brad Maynard jersey, that guy will be my hero.

Makes sense seeing as how that's the only jersey I own and I am heroic in many ways. #4 MAYNARD, I got it for my 19th birthday from my brother. Now that he's officially the sexiest man on the Bears I do expect the jersey to go up in value. I'll take a picture of it tonight.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 09:25 PM)
Makes sense seeing as how that's the only jersey I own and I am heroic in many ways. #4 MAYNARD, I got it for my 19th birthday from my brother. Now that he's officially the sexiest man on the Bears I do expect the jersey to go up in value. I'll take a picture of it tonight.

And that is why you are awesome.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:25 PM)

Well my comments took an unexpected turn.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:34 PM)
I've been having trouble deciding who my next Bears jersey will be, and as much as I love the big names, I don't want to go with one of them. Maynard would actually be a pretty kickass jersey to get..

You need to be the first on your block sporting a #9 GOULD jersey, the guy is the best around he needs to be immortalized in fan-jersey form. Or if you want to be REAL cool you could get a #65 MANNELLY jersey and drive all the girls wild.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 09:37 PM)
You need to be the first on your block sporting a #9 GOULD jersey, the guy is the best around he needs to be immortalized in fan-jersey form. Or if you want to be REAL cool you could get a #65 MANNELLY jersey and drive all the girls wild.

why didn't I think of that sig...s***

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jan 21, 2007 -> 11:37 PM)

Gould was actually the one I was considering today while watching the game, it would serve 2 purposes. Not only would it represent the Bears, but it would also piss off my brother, a PSU fan who hated Gould for his complete sucking in college. The other thought was Hunter Hillenmeyer, although I don't know if it would be worth it since he's the most replaceable part of the defense IMO.

QUOTE(Felix @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:04 AM)
Gould was actually the one I was considering today while watching the game, it would serve 2 purposes. Not only would it represent the Bears, but it would also piss off my brother, a PSU fan who hated Gould for his complete sucking in college. The other thought was Hunter Hillenmeyer, although I don't know if it would be worth it since he's the most replaceable part of the defense IMO.

Actually Hunter appears to be a staple on the defense since he signed that nice sized deal in the offseason, he's a damn good player and Lovie/Rivera seem to love him. The most replaceable player would probably be Tank since he likely won't be back next year followed by one of A. Brown and Adawale considering their contract size and the awesomeness that is Mark Anderson and the safeties are pretty damn replaceable as well.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jan 22, 2007 -> 12:05 AM)
No Adrian Peterson love?

Talk about a f***ing gamer, the guy is a pretty good RB but is sticking it out on special teams and has actually become the second best special teamer behind Ayanbadajo. He'll be in the running for my second jersey along with Mark Anderson and P-Nut Tillman.