169 members have voted

1. 1. Who's going to win the job?

• Charlie Haeger
    • John Danks
    • Gavin Floyd
    • Andy Sisco
    • Lance Broadway
    • Gio Gonzalez

QUOTE(Gregory Pratt @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 01:53 PM)
What the hell does that mean?

Is it just me or does the bold conflict with the italics?

Here's the full quote:

"Floyd, I like the way he throws," Guillen said. "Haeger is in the mix. A few people like Masset in the starting rotation. We'll have to wait and see. Right now, the way he's throwing, I'm not leaning to it, but we're going to take a look at Floyd and see how he does."

Makes more sense.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 01:12 PM)
I think at some point this season we'll see a lot of John Danks.

I hope not.

If Guillen thinks Sweeney playing full-time suggests something went wrong, for Danks to pitch ahead of Haegar and Floyd (this season) would mean both have absolutely tanked.

....or we're out of contention early.

It's interesting to hear that Broadway is making some noise early on. Of course, the hitters are far behind the pitchers right now.

QUOTE(fathom @ Feb 25, 2007 -> 11:06 AM)
Aardsma is definitely my pick for most disappointing player this year.

Ahead of Sisco? For all his talent, he was never able to get outs consistently in KC.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 04:19 AM)
It's interesting to hear that Broadway is making some noise early on. Of course, the hitters are far behind the pitchers right now.

Ahead of Sisco? For all his talent, he was never able to get outs consistently in KC.

Sisco shouldn't sniff Chicago yet. Hopefully he will get to go to Charlotte as a starter, and get the learning in that he was never able to buried in the KC pen.

QUOTE(DrunkBomber @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 05:46 AM)
I wouldnt be too surprised to see a few changes during the year at the 5 spot. WIth so many viable options it is hard to say whos gonna break out and who isnt totally ready.

I agree with you that I wouldn't be surprised to see a change a few times...but maybe for a different reason...I think that there's a good chance that our 2-3 best young starting pitchers spent most of last year at AA ball (Danks, Gio, Broadway, Phillips, Sisco also although for a different reason), so I'd like them to spend some time at AAA before making the final jump to the big leagues. Even if one of them dominates in the spring, I hope they start at AAA just to make sure we don't rush them...and if they succeed for a couple months, then consider who the best option is. I want it to be either Haegar or Floyd to start the season...just so we don't screw with a kid too early. Even if they're not the best pitcher from the group of youngin's, they're in the best position to not cost us more in the long-term.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Feb 26, 2007 -> 06:08 AM)
Sisco shouldn't sniff Chicago yet. Hopefully he will get to go to Charlotte as a starter, and get the learning in that he was never able to buried in the KC pen.

Exactly. I'd hate to even hear his name unless it's about AAA. I still think it will be Floyd also...with Danks possibly getting some time come August. I gotta say...I haven't been as enthused about the Sox bullpen in...well...never.

And count me out of the "Rue the Day We Traded McCarthy" group. He's gone. I have a hard time fathoming (no pun) that 70 baseball people would ALL mention McCarthy as breakout. What a bunch of lemmings. Probably one of those questions asked that nobody was prepared for or really gave a crap about. One person said McCarthy....so it was an easy brainless answer to go with. Personally...I'd be surprised if it did. But either way.......

:hawk: