Favorite Boardgame

Controlled Chaos

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This site might give you some ideas, especially if you're looking for something out of the ordinary:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Board_Game_Gift_Guide

Boardgamegeek is a forum for board game fanatics. I discovered the site one day while looking up old board games from my childhood, like Bonkers!, Run Yourself Ragged, and The MAD Magazine game. Just about every board game you can think of is on the site.

Oooooooooo, Arkham Horror!?! What in the name of The Old Ones might that be???

http://boardgamegeek.com/game/15987

Edited by KansasSoxFan

Some time, I want to guess around 1990-1992, there was a boardgame which centered around the idea of a plastic, cone shaped object (representing a Tornado) following a path once you spun it.

I may be missing up certain elements of the game, but I recall the board was created to resemble mountains.

Anyone know the title?

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:40 PM)
It's a cooperative game where the players and run around Arkham and various other worlds to investigate crazy stuff and kill monsters.

What is a "cooperative" game? I'm a HUGE Lovecraft fan, so this game looks like it would be right up my alley. Is it a Dungeons and Dragons kind of game?

What is a "cooperative" game? I'm a HUGE Lovecraft fan, so this game looks like it would be right up my alley. Is it a Dungeons and Dragons kind of game?

All of the players are on the same team trying to beat the game.

It's like D&D in the sense that you have characters with stats and you roll dice to determine success in actions, yes, but otherwise, no.

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 07:53 PM)
Some time, I want to guess around 1990-1992, there was a boardgame which centered around the idea of a plastic, cone shaped object (representing a Tornado) following a path once you spun it.

I may be missing up certain elements of the game, but I recall the board was created to resemble mountains.

Anyone know the title?

Ask on boardgamegeek.com and someone will know the game.

QUOTE(CrimsonWeltall @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:01 PM)
All of the players are on the same team trying to beat the game.

It's like D&D in the sense that you have characters with stats and you roll dice to determine success in actions, yes, but otherwise, no.

Cool! Thanks for the info! I'm going to look into it for sure!!!

QUOTE(knightni @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 08:28 PM)
'A dead man is found naked, in the middle of the desert, with no footprionts leading to or away from the body. . . in his hand he is holding a piece of straw. What happened?'

He got kicked out of a cargo plane after having sex with a horse.

BUZZ! incorrect. :D

QUOTE(dasox24 @ Feb 22, 2007 -> 11:53 PM)
Um, I didn't bother reading the rest of this thread b/c I was so excited to mention my favorite game of all: Volopoly! (University of Tennessee-style monopoly)

Go Gopheropoly (they were selling it at the front desk, I've yet to buy it since I'm jobless)